Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new 90 fx

tilly1

well guys ive got one bought it sat its a 2001 fx , need to get it ready for a spot of green laning so just a quick one about tyres at present its got 235 70 16 road tyres on so need to swop those for some mt s or ats , my question is tyre size whats the biggest that will fit without any mods maybe 265 75 16 cooper sst ? cheers :icon-biggrin:

Well done!

Very underrated truck. :clap:

Probably the biggest without stressing sidewalls on original rims would be 235/85/16 MTs (have BFG MTs in this size all round on mine) - really impressive & brilliant mileage without too much road noise (not Landrover Whine!) if you use KM2 tyres. Need to be careful of fouling arches if too big a size used. Will be plenty more options & advice if changing wheels as well from much more experienced folk on here than me.

Not cheapest with BFG, but if the truck's a keeper, worth doing :icon-cool:

And so it begins :lol: before you spend money on tyres i advise you take a good look at all the modified 90's on here . Modifying is an incurable disease and if you think there's a possibility you might be susceptible to the bug you will save a lot of time money by doing things in the right order :thumbup:

Isnt there a smaller max tyre size for the fx than the other model 90's?

Something to do with it having no wheel arches, or something....

There are a couple of threads on fx90's on here from the last few months, have a wade through!

Pete

IIRC, it's partly because the FX wheels are an inch thinner than the rest of the model range.

The differential gear ratios can be different in some FX models, 4.1 vs 4.3 in other models I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My ex Andys FX 90 has 265/75/16 tyres on 7" mod rims and are a little proud of the arches but that is down to the offset. The Toyota rims with the same size tyres on fit inside the arches ok

cheers guys for all the info , have had a sort of re think maybe the lift kit first then the tyres , what would you guys reccommend for the lift and by whom i live up north so west coast is an op but noy over keen on the iron man set uo would like ome really

P9280110.JPGI have a 40mm OME setup on mine with the highest rated springs they make, then I have a lot of weight on mine

Last edited:
were can i get them from , lol think im rushing into things a bit but need to get it capable for some green lane trips asap

mmm really like that just want mine to look something like cheers

Because i had no experience i did my truck ass about face and ended up buying wheels twice . If i were to do it again i would do a body lift first because you can get the spacers for less than a 100 quid . Then think about suspension . I personally took the cheapest route and bought coil spring spacers which along with the body lift raised things about 4 inches . Spacers aren't everyone's cup of tea but i've been around Lincomb and seem to get most places so i can't fault them .

well been busy weekend , started the maint engine oil change +filter , fuel filter gearbox and trans box oil change greased the prop , the list is endless , hope to do more next weekend inc fit a dog guard as our henry seems to like the front seat

Back