Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new battery time

Just be glad you dont own a new defender wot powers the computers on each time you look at it...
Don't get what they were thinking, that Andrew St Pierre -White (speeling) chap did a video a few weeks ago about that very issue, it seems if the batteries do go flat it's not just a case of grabbing a handy jump start it needs the correct software via laptop to release the park brake once started, presumably it doesn't re-learn.
One would hope there's an emergency release somewhere, and it might be possible to remove the park brake motors from the rear calipers as a get you going measure.
Either way far too complicated (and costly) for me.

Don't get what they were thinking, that Andrew St Pierre -White (speeling) chap did a video a few weeks ago about that very issue, it seems if the batteries do go flat it's not just a case of grabbing a handy jump start it needs the correct software via laptop to release the park brake once started, presumably it doesn't re-learn.
One would hope there's an emergency release somewhere, and it might be possible to remove the park brake motors from the rear calipers as a get you going measure.
Either way far too complicated (and costly) for me.
I seen that clip and apparently has to many modules built in.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I doubt the 70 series even in its present form has any more than necessary, maybe lower spec Hilux.
For affordable cars probably a budget model Dacia, you know they won't be stuffed full pointless safety crap because they score low ncap purely because they arn't stuffed with said crap.
No doubt in other parts of the world you can still buy simple cars, they were still making the Peug 504 estates and other such gems until quite recently, we had the mother of all white knuckle rides in Egypt a few years ago being driven at some 80mph down roads you'd be reluctant to exceed 30, in a Peug 504 taxi.
Ah yes, and the shuttle bus at the (quite posh) hotel, a Toyota 20 or so seater, had two front tyres down almost to the cords...gulp.

my engine bay,never clean since 2006.
new batteries in today

Attachments

• 20231212_164206.jpg
    20231212_164206.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231212_130248.jpg
    20231212_130248.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 16
Back