Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New boots fitted today

Hey Hamba, Have you had any lift done to fit those new tyres ?

No lift on it yet and I'm not sure if I need it. Its one of those things that would be nice to have but until I can find a way to retain the sport/comfort settings its not going to happen.

I had heard some where that you can buy KDSS specific shocks

From my understanding KDSS isn't the problem, its the TEMS shocks which seems to be a Toyota only thing.

I throw them into the same basket haha. Never heard them called TEMS before and Assumed they were part of the same system.

I've read of some guys who have changed only their coil springs which has to be kdss specific and left the Toyota shocks in which kept the sports/comfort setting.

The main thing about kdss is that the left is a different length from the right or that is my understanding of it when it comes to wanting a lift.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah my springs are a different height, drivers side is taller. still get some lean though. Only when parked so Im not too phased

Wouldn't a coil spring spacer allow you to go up while keeping everything standard ?

Another update on these tyres.
In the last month I've managed to pick up a nail in the front right tyre which no one wanted to repair as they say its to close to the edge so I've plugged it myself and so far its holding nicely, no leaks yet and its going to be the spare after a few more miles of testing.
I also picked up a screw in the left rear tyre which for a change was in the middle so I was able to get that one repaired.

Seems like I have no luck with these tyres, I wonder if something like BFG's would fair better or do I just give in and accept the fact that I'm a magnet.

Bit late reply but I run 265 65 18 BFG on mine and they do not rub anywhere.
IMG_20181125_122345.jpg

Nice, did you replace the spare as well? BFG does look the business.

No spare is still the original 265 60 18 road based tyre, however if you look close you will see the backs are the old BFG and the fronts are the new updated BFG, plan is when the backs get low to keep the best one and use it as a spare.

Back