Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New ferry to Santander from Poole

interesting

wont get the nice french food & wine though that Brittany ferries supply though!
might drive prices down on Brittany though

they are only using one ferry hope it does not break down, but the price is cheap

See what the normal price is like later on

Price is for first 500 customers. I would like cheaper, but if its an older ferry the Bay of Biscay can be awful.

I went to Norway on the old Braemar, no stabilisers, 24hrs of hell !

Will def give it a try in 2015 !

Be interesting to see if their prices go up, or Brittany come down.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It is a lot smaller ferry than the others so if it's slightly rough, you'll know about it.. Lol

saw it leaving Poole today from the window at work, it is suprisingly small!!

As long as the off ramp reachs the dockside its big enough......

Not for me by the sound of it, not got good sea legs, need something stable where I dont have to help row!

Pete

Hey Mogg, sure that wasn't the chain ferry going to Swanage?

I am off on this tub tomorrow, 6 pm sailing to gijon

Andy

Andy
If you turn green we want pictures.
vomit.gif

Last edited:
Andy
As I'm another one without any sea legs, I too would like to know how you got on. Was the "sailing" like "rocking all over the world" or "still waters run deep"?

I'll get me coat! :oops:

Well, came back on this ferry last week, Gijon to Poole, LD Lines.

no complaints whatsoever, the crossing took 30 hours instead of the planned 26 due to strong winds in Biscay, but the ferry was as smooth as anything, didn't see anyone being ill!

LD lines provided free restaurant meal due to the delay, the food wasn't bad at all, not fine cuisine but perfectly adequate.

cabin was plenty big enough for 2 of us, clean with good shower.

would definitely use again

Andy

That's great news. Travelling through France is fine if you have the time, but when in a rush it's draining on both the occupants and the vehicle itself ... not to mention costly in fuel. A new service can only be a good thing.

Hmmm.

Just read this on a trailbike forum......

LD Lines - that's another story! On the way out we were treated to lifeboat drill - a first for me on any ferry, and this should have forewarned me for what was to come!
The Deckhands were all pissed as farts and trying to sell us contraband goods, the facilities on board were crap and expensive, and the old cross-channel ferry had no place in the Bay of Biscay, especially in the storm we encountered. There were bodies being hurled out of their chairs and injured and vomit being hurled by just about everyone else! Never been on a tub that rolled and pitched like this old thing! Really thought it was going to go over a few times in the night!
eekers.gif

For a few quid more - book Brittany!

Pete

Just checked their website and cant see any sign of the Poole - Santander service anymore :(

it stoped last year, the ferry that was being used was docking at algerciras last October when I crossed to Morocco

Back