Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New head unit and iPod fitted

Bob

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
This is the Pioneer unit I fitted recently to replace the factory unit (an eBay buy for €210 - about £170)

Its a remote controlled unit (Thought it was silly before i got it but is remarkably handy on the road) with Bluetooth and USB connection at the rear. So i decided to install my iPod nano too - ran in the USB and modified a belt clip and hard plastic shell skin. Unit controls the Ipod via remote. And have the phone using the radio as a handsfree (HTC Desire HD)

IMAG0267.jpg

Also a couple of pics of interior for those who are interested -

Commercial body gives enough room in the back to sleep 2 in comfort. Tool storage was homemade a few months back
IMAG0268.jpg

Trying to keep it tidy - installed a Maglite beside the transfer lever, plans for an inclinometer pod afoot...

IMAG0269.jpg

Looking good Bob :cool:

Is that a 'shinty' stick or just a farking good clonker for traffic calming measures!!!

Hey Gav, Its a Hurl - like a shinty stick but for hurling in Ireland! Never used it for traffic calming - thats what the Maglite* is for!!

(* I do not use a maglite for bashing idiots over the head)

Bob said:
Its a Hurl
Now I knew shinty wasn't right but I couldn't think of the alternative, even after a gurgle search!!! :mrgreen:

Back