Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New in dorset

My 1st 80 was a 95 VX, I bought it in 97. I kept it 16 years and it only cost me an ignition barrel in all that time. It was mint when I sold it and it now resides with another forum member.
DSC00519.JPG

Taken just before I sold it.

Hi it is a 95 m ref what is it with the bebs on these it is badged VX seems a good truck otherwise

Was that on an M or an N?

Big End Bearings Garrry. They're the shells on the crankshaft. On the 12 valve engine they have a history of letting go in a big way.

The Amazon badge only came in at the end due to there being some confusion between the Landcruiser and the Landcruiser. Yes. Hmm, I see. So they had the Colorado and the Amazon just in case anyone was daft enough to accidentally buy the wrong car.

Sorry Garrry I was asking Andy. I can see yours in an M.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have rebuilt a few motors working in various garages over the years so not a problem just thought theses were bombproof engines

A '95 M is unusual. I wonder if that was new 'old stock' as they say. As Andy points out, it's the pre-face lift front end. Doubt it's badged as an Amazon as they were very much last of the line.

Looks pretty tidy Garrry. I had a green one. Good colour. If it does have the 12valve engine make sure that the BEBs have been changed. We don't want reports of big holes in the side of the block!

Its not that unusual Chris, they were selling them right up to July 95. One of my spares trucks( the M reg one) was reg 1 6 95 and M7SLY was may 95.

Well it is. Other than the BEBs on the 12v. You simply don't know unless you pull them. They don't give any warning - ask Matt! I have pulled several sets now and only one has been perfect. Every set other than that has had loss of the white metal. Cost about £140 to swap them.

I did not know that. Always had M down as 93-94

How often would you recommend changing the big ends

Having read the 1st line again it clearly states "1995" which due to age and failing eyesight I read as "1996".
I am now leaving to catch the bus to Specsavers. I may be some time.

Oh only once Garrry. The problem got sorted. Get some ACL bearings (Australian) and pop those in and you'll be good to go. You need new stretch bolts of course.

I have to say Andy I wasn't sure where you got the 96 from

What oil would you recommend for it as changing that this week

Oh dear that's a dangerous question on here.

Some use oil pressed from the scent glands of unicorns - but they must only be milked by a virgin under a full moon.

Me? I just get a drum that says 'oyl for cars' on the side and bung it in. Any old 10w40 for me. It's a lorry engine. Use a gen filter for best results.

Ha ha. Not the first time he's doubted his sanity I can tell you.

I haven't seen a virgin in years as for unicorns is it best from male or female lmao

Back