Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Land Cruiser owner from West Sussex

Caron De Kock

Hi

My name is Caron De Kock some of you will have already met me at Lincombe as I am wife to Marius De Kock (the hat wearing South African). I am proud to announce that yesturday we had a new addition to our family and are the proud owners of Snow White :happy-bouncyshadow::banana-dance:.

Snow White is Land Cruiser 80 1997 4.2 turbo diesal VX in pure white, hence the name.!

I have just driven Snow White back from Andy Landcriuser Lomas's place up North all the way to her new warmer home in West Sussex and the entire time I had a huge grin on my face. Snow White is a bit of a project but we are ready able and wiling to tackle all that she throws at us to restore her to her formal glory. So far I have only ever carried out an oil and oil filter change (I have to add I rather enjoyed the feeling of warm oil on my hands :icon-surprised:), that will dramtically change over the coming months..! :?

A huge thanks to Andy as he viewed Snow White along with a couple of other LC's a couple of weekends ago and was able to give us the low down before we viewed her...! Thanks Andy :clap::clap: We had a brilliant night at the pub last night Andy, Sheena, Marius and myself celebrating our new baby with several bottles of wine. What a great night out..!

Her is a couple of pictures of Snow White.! Sorry pictures are small but as a new member I can't post any pictures linked to a URL :angry-screaming:

Snow White 10.jpg

Love at first white/sight ..!

Snow White 8.jpg
And Snow White parked next to Little Red Riding Hood (Sheena's LC) and Andy's LC this morning...!

Snow White with Andy's LC.jpg

I will be driving Snow White to Lincombe and will looking forward to seeing you all again. :thumbup:

Now the upgrades start... :happy-bouncycyan: but my bank balance won't look so good afterwards :icon-eek:, though I'm sure I will be Simon from Toyota and Andrew from TBR's new best friends ..!

Attachments

• Snow White 1.jpg
    Snow White 1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 270
Congratulations Caron (and Marius)! I noticed Marius' signature line had a new 80 series addition recently. Snow White looks very nice indeed, a fine example.

What are your plans for her?

Welcome Caron. 80 looks ace :clap:

Thanks Scott,

Damn didn't realise Marius had given the game away already..:doh:! Our plans are to carry out the basics, plus suspension and bushes, not sure yet if we will add ARB bumpers front, rear and long range fuel tank, but I won't rule anything out just yet..! For now we will keep her standard until we decide whether we will do a full overland build.

Thanks Tony - sorry a bit slow on the posting side as this is all new to me..! Still grinning from ear to ear even though I have been home now for several hours. I keep peeking out the window - the neighbours might get worried soon..!:?

Hi Caron,

Welcome, Snow White looks a tiny bit more tidy than the grey car :lol:

Ian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Ian,

Just a tiny bit more tidy than the grey but loads to us busy for a while..! Now it will be time for me to get my hands dirty..! :icon-wink:

Caron, you and Marius have caught the truck building bug! It has a habit of sneaking up on you as do most addictions. Sundance must be close to completion now, so I'm sure your both full of ideas for your new truck.

I look forward to following your progress. Enjoy!

Hi Caron welcome snow White and the 7 snow balls from tonytoyota :lol:

Yes Caron, Friday night was rather enjoyable with the wine, company, food etc. I'm glad you are satisfied with Snow White, its a cracking truck.

Andy and Sheena.

@Scott - Sundance is now 99% completed now, just a couple of electrical connections and that it :eusa-clap: . Yes the addiction eventually overtook me after having LC parts around the house now for the past year whilst Sundance has been rebuilt it seems a natural progress to continue, besides, the long range fuel tank made an excellant coffee table which I now miss :laughing-rolling:.

@Tonytoyota - :lol: thank Tony, love the 7 snowballs as well

@Craig Yeoman - thank you, I am a very proud parent again

@AndycruiserguyLomas - yes a brilliant night, stomach ache from laughing so much..! Have you thought of a name for your truck yet?? If Sheena's is now Little Red Riding Hood, how about the Big Bad Wolf..?:lol: More than satisfied with Snow White..!

@Gary820 - Thanks Gary with a bit of TLC and elbow grease she will be beautiful

Is it sad to admit that this morning whilst having coffee in Prets at Horsham, I have made my list of things that need to be rebuilt, upgraded or replaced...! :whistle::whistle:
First thing on my list is a front and rear axel rebuild, I just need to find someone who is patient enough to teach me how to do it :icon-wink: and the suspension as her rear is a bit droopy..!

I looked at a couple of white ones before I found mine (being a black one lol)
Gotta be just as bad to keep clean though!

Welcome and congrats Caron (and Marius). Snow White looks like a nice truck. :clap:

Welcome Caron - Snow White certainly looks like the fairest in the land! :)

Look forward to seeing how she progresses.

P.S. Is the one that was up for sale at CVM in the NW recently?

Last edited:
I'll answer that, yes it is. I went to view the 24V auto they had there but the white one was sooooo much better !!!
Its a good job I didn't want a manual or it's home would have been in Yorkshire.

Andy

Congrats, Caron and Marius on your new acquisition! Quite the fleet you're building up.
I am wondering how you managed to nick that one from under Chris' nose....unless he was busy fixing diffs:whistle:

Oh, and greetings from SA:icon-biggrin: A bit chilly this morning at only 18 deg but the weatherman is adamant it'll warm up to 31 later...

Easy to answer that one Andrew. It's white.

Had one, don't really want another. You may remember what happened.

Next one's blue.

Chris

Back