*NEW* Lincomb October Catering Thread

Which of the otions below would you be interested in for catering at Lincomb:

• Total voters

ModelMakerMan

Country Flag
england
Place your votes now! :cool:

Any suggestions welcome too.

See Lincomb October 6th,7th Weekend thread for more info.

The Explorer Scout group I lead are fund raising for a trip to Nepal to trek to Everest Base Camp. Tony has kindly let us run the catering for the Lincomb event in October. Its a once in a lifetime experience and the more money we raise the more kids can afford to go. All proceeds for the catering will go towards these kids going on the trip and we will also be visiting some of the local schools and doing small charity projects whist we are there.

The aim is to offer a full hog roast on a spit on the Saturday eve. Price should be £10per head and include jacket potato and the usual salad type stuff as well as the pork, apple sauce, stuffing and bap.

We would also like to offer breakfasts on the Saturday and Sunday mornings which would be bacon/egg/sausage baps etc, full english (full monty) breakfasts, tea and coffee. Prices would be less than your average road side cafe/burger van.

Id like to know interest for the breakfasts to see if it would be financially viable, we could maybe do an evening meal on Friday too if anyone is interested?

Re: Lincomb October Catering poll

I was hoping for 5 options

5 - Hold the salad :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

Seems the import from the old forum has locked the poll to only one option each. Could one of the moderators fix it so all four can be selected if required please.

Seems the import from the old forum has locked the poll to only one option each. Could one of the moderators fix it so all four can be selected if required please.

Had a look at doing that but either it can't be done or I'm not authorized to do so. Might be something Crispin can do, or you might end up having to create a new thread, lock this one and add the two results together ...

Maybe not Jon, but there are two additional unused fields in the poll. Could we make them something that would cover what's needed - like Full Weekend Friday to Sun and Just Sat and Sun?

Looks like Friday tea isn't so popular. If that is in doubt can we have a definitive guide to what IS going to be on offer. Seems daft to get the Scouts mobilised for 4 plates of chilli.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
it appears you cannot change it once done. I will create another tgread in the morning and merge them with the new poll. (he says like he knows what he's talking about)

Why isn't there an option for both sat night hog roast and Sunday breakfast? I vote for this!

sorry. i forgot to look into resetting this as a multi-choice. will first thing ing the morning.

Place your votes now! :cool:

Let us know which meals you would like to attend, hopefully this poll will allow you to select all of the options if you so wish.

The aim is to offer a full hog roast on a spit on the Saturday eve. Price should be £10per head and include jacket potato and the usual salad type stuff as well as the pork, apple sauce, stuffing and bap.

We will also be offering breakfasts on the Saturday and Sunday mornings which would be bacon/egg/sausage baps etc, full english (full monty) breakfasts, tea and coffee. Prices would be less than your average road side cafe/burger van.

Friday Evening meal would likely be something like a Chilli or Spaghetti Bolognese. Cost TBC but should be less than £5 per head.

Teas and Coffees will be available throughout the day all weekend and if you were to decide you fancy something for lunch Im sure we could accommodate that too.

Please post in this thread if you or any of your party are vegetarian

Any suggestions welcome too.

See Lincomb October 6th,7th Weekend thread for more info.

The Explorer Scout group I lead are fund raising for a trip to Nepal to trek to Everest Base Camp. Tony has kindly let us run the catering for the Lincomb event in October. Its a once in a lifetime experience and the more money we raise the more kids can afford to go. All proceeds for the catering will go towards these kids going on the trip and we will also be visiting some of the local schools and doing small charity projects whist we are there.

Urm, I merged the old posts with this one and planned to manually move the votes over. However, when the last post merged the forum said "ahh, no posts in old thread" and deleted it along with the votes. Sorry :mad:

I'll see if I can fudge across the numbers from the old forum onto this one.

Here are the details I can pull out of the old database.
I can't put them into the new one (yet?) but below is how everyone voted.

UserSaturday_Evening_Hog_roastSunday_BreakfastFriday_DinnerSaturday_Breakfast
Ben1000
Charlie1100
Chris1111
Chris Mann1100
Cossack1000
Gary Stockton1101
Jon Wildsmith1111
Marius De Kock1101
Olazz1100
Rob1100
Scott1111
SpinDrift1000
THUNDER TRUCK1100
Toby1000
Trevor1000
iwan_t241101
karl webster1000
ram1100
sae701101

The only flaw I can see in the poll is if Dave is looking to calculate numbers and therefore quantities of food, example here is that I voted for my selection which shows a count of 1 but 2 of us are coming and have the same selection. Maybe a more old fashioned "what are you choosing and how many are needed" feedback might help?

Im just doubling the poll outcome on the assumption that 99% of people coming will bring at least one guest/co-driver. I suppose if anyone is planning on bringing a car full it would be best to let us know here.

:text-bump:

I see there are still some who have signed up who havent filled this out, would be greatly appreciated if you would let us know what meals you would like. :thumbup:

Dont forget to fill this in guys. Ill be doing the shopping on Monday and I dont want to end up not having enough to feed everyone.

The Friday dinner will be Chilli with Rice. Ill do it mild with a bottom burner chilli sauce the braver ones can add as required!

PLEASE COULD EVERYONE BRING PLATES, BOWLS, MUGS, EATING UTENSILS ETC. ie. general camping eating ware. We will have a limited supply of disposable stuff for anyone who forgets or doesnt have camping stuff but its cheaper, easier and better for the environment if you bring your own.

Cheers
Dave

Back