Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member Ireland 100 4.7 V8

Pfitz

Country Flag
ireland
Hi all. I recently purchased a 2001 series 100 4.7V8. They are quite a beast of a 4x4 . It has covered 149k klms so it's fresh enough as far as I can tell. Changed the timing belt and water pump just to be on the safe side along with a full service. I'm looking forward to learning more about these as I go.
Peter

Last edited:
Congrats.
At 149 k it's like new. Your biggest enemy is rust - are the roads salted in your area?

Observe that the brand name Jeep is not allowed on this forum. Oops.
I've seen two countries where Jeep is used as a synonym for a off-road vehicle, Ireland and Palestine, but I suppose there are more.

Hi uHu. It's a Japanese import so no rust and very clean underneath too. I will have too take a few photos underneath before I underseal it just for future reference.
Ps I edited the initial post and I won't reference it again. Didn't know about it

...Ps I edited the initial post and I won't reference it again. Didn't know about it.
Sorry, it was meant as a joke. Just thought of bringing up the phenomenon of calling offroad vehicles Jeep - Could it be from the 2nd WW, when the yanks had jeeps and that was the only offroader around? Norway was occupied by the germs, so we had no jeeps, but maybe gelendewagens.

Good idea with preventative treatment before the rust arrives.

Back