Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Member with 1995 FZJ80

George Pastorino

Country Flag
united_states
My name is George Pastorino and I bought a 1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser new in October of 1994 from Libertyville Toyota. It has been my every day driver for 28 years
and it now has 503,000 and still looks new.

Attachments

• Land Crusier 1995.jpg
    Land Crusier 1995.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 51
Wow thats well cared for :clap:

Welcome to the forum George :thumbup:

Yep that is a nice truck but I would say that is a picture from twenty eight years ago on the day George picked it up OR it was brought by George when the local Toyota Museum had a closing down sale OR I might come back and edit this when I think of something nevertheless that is a nice truck

So George what are your plans for your truck are you going to do it up for travelling overland weekends away at offroad centres rock crawling prepping it for next years BAJA 500 BAJA 1000 Icelandic Hill climb events

OR just keep it in the Beautiful condition the truck deserves tell you what George you have made a lot of people very seriously jealous and I for one will covet your truck if I could afford the postage cost would you look after mine please Oh and welcome to the club George

Yep that is a nice truck but I would say that is a picture from twenty eight years ago on the day George picked it up OR it was brought by George when the local Toyota Museum had a closing down sale OR I might come back and edit this when I think of something nevertheless that is a nice truck

So George what are your plans for your truck are you going to do it up for travelling overland weekends away at offroad centres rock crawling prepping it for next years BAJA 500 BAJA 1000 Icelandic Hill climb events

OR just keep it in the Beautiful condition the truck deserves tell you what George you have made a lot of people very seriously jealous and I for one will covet your truck if I could afford the postage cost would you look after mine please Oh and welcome to the club George
Ha Steve :tearsofjoy: The pic was last summer, however I will post another with a time date stamp when I can :tearsofjoy: It is my every day driver though I have some some off roading in it like the Schafer Trail in Moab, but that is not my thing, my wife and I do travel to The BWCA Wilderness summer and winter and it is great for the pot holed dirt roads leading to the wilderness...also in winter the roads up there are not plowed so with the Triple locking differentials, she never got stuck. So do plans really except I am 63 and will most likely expire before she does. I call her The Grey Ghost.

Attachments

• Lockers.jpg
    Lockers.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Today's mileage.JPG
    Today's mileage.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 47
Could tell us what the WBCA stands for please George and any photos would be greatly appreciated as we don't have the vast open spaces like you have over there and the little spaces we have left are slowly being taken away from us by very selfish people but enough of that from other US members and offroad YouTubers we have seen some of the stunning wide variety of landscapes you get to enjoy and we get to say When I WIN The Lottery yep we got some very beautiful landscapes Wales is one such place and its just over an hours drive from me and the Welsh people I have been nothing but nice and now the bug restrictions are being lifted hopefully travelling will become easier and very hopefully not overcrowded
What do you do at the WCBA is it a cabin camping visitor centre or something else steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Could tell us what the WBCA stands for please George and any photos would be greatly appreciated as we don't have the vast open spaces like you have over there and the little spaces we have left are slowly being taken away from us by very selfish people but enough of that from other US members and offroad YouTubers we have seen some of the stunning wide variety of landscapes you get to enjoy and we get to say When I WIN The Lottery yep we got some very beautiful landscapes Wales is one such place and its just over an hours drive from me and the Welsh people I have been nothing but nice and now the bug restrictions are being lifted hopefully travelling will become easier and very hopefully not overcrowded
What do you do at the WCBA is it a cabin camping visitor centre or something else steve
Hey Steve, WBCA is the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, it is part of the 3 million acre Superior National Forest in extreme N.E. Minnesota on the border with Canada, we go in Fall to Canoe Lake to Lake via portages (hiking trails that connect lakes) and to snowshoe and xc ski in Winter when temps are minus 30 - 40 Fahrenheit. In Fall moist people carry their tent and camp, very few people in winter although some camp. We stay at a cabin just outside the wilderness. (inside there are no roads, or motors allowed) I don't take many pics of the truck but these 2 videos should give you an idea. My wife grew up in Thailand but loves the cold. Winter 2022 highlights and Snipe Lake Loop This is good info: BWCA

Absolutely stunning place to be thank you very much for putting the videos up looking like you both enjoy an active life and really enjoy your time with the outdoor life

Back