Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New (to me) Roof Tent - something a little different.

Animal Mother

Country Flag
wales
I managed to spot what I consider to be a bargain on Facebook Marketplace on Saturday night. As my viewing of a 120 had been cancelled for Sunday I thought I'd go down and pick up this nice little roof tent.

It's Chinese made (they actually make some good stuff). It's called the Wild Land Pathfinder (marketed as Quest through https://www.leisureoutlet.com/tents...quest-pathfinder-wireless-automatic-roof-tent in this country). The company make a raft of different models including a rigid cover tent (http://www.qycamping.com/products/roof-tent/).

It's an electric deploying tent with manual overide. Seems to be really well made. It's low profile, lightweight(ish) and comes with all required spares. Perfect size for SWMBO and I for our future Europe trips.

Specs:
From Quest comes the incredible automatic folding roof tent, simply operated by a wireless remote control for quick assembly – extremely comfortable comes with foam mattress, fold out canopy and aluminium ladder for ease of access! Fits large estate cars and bigger!

Strong, lightweight and durable the canvas has been made from coated polyester which delivers a hydrostatic head of 2000mm for excellent waterproofing. The all aluminium frame has been designed to last which is resistant to rusting and coupled with stainless steel mechanical joints provides a firm structure.

The Quest Pathfinder runs off a 12v socket which hooks up to your vehicle’s electrical supply for quick assembly and folding, with one press of the wireless remote control!

Provided with a waterproof cover, will comfortably protect the Pathfinder when you are on the move or when the tent is not in use.

Features:
  • One person can erect the tent – takes seconds!
  • Wireless remote, with one click for assembly and folding
  • Fully waterproof flysheet
  • In-built 12v socket
  • Extra comfort foam mattress
  • Aluminium ladder included
  • Front canopy
Materials and Sizing
  • Canvas: Sliver Coated Poyester
  • UV Resistant – 50+ Rating
  • 2000mm Hydrostatic Head waterproofing
  • Aluminium frame
  • Stainless steel mechanical folding parts
  • Size: 210 x 125 x 115 cm
  • Folded: 230 x 145cm x 32 cm
  • Total Weight: 53kg
Some pics (not my pics or car):
71rY-kQBWCL._SL1024_.jpg

61eLTHtuueL._SL1024_.jpg

RT-Pathfinder-II-1.jpg

Once I've used it in anger I'll come back with a review and comments.

I quite like the look of it.

After just doing ten days in Scotland though the fact you have to sort the sheet out every time has put me off these types of tent. In sunny climates they would be fine but it's no fun in the rain.

I quite like the look of it.

After just doing ten days in Scotland though the fact you have to sort the sheet out every time has put me off these types of tent. In sunny climates they would be fine but it's no fun in the rain.

Please excuse my ignorance. What do you mean by the sheet?

This tent pops up complete, you just have to prop open the little porch thing. The only (minor) embuggerance is the cover which is a 1 minute one person affair on this tent.

The outer sheet I was talking about.

I'd be interested in seeing one being put up and packed away in person.

From what you say the outer sheet is easy. The normal Serengeti type tents take a little longer to pack away.

It's a roof mounted Oz Tent! Nice.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ha ha ha ha ha. That's brilliant.

The outer sheet I was talking about.

I'd be interested in seeing one being put up and packed away in person.

From what you say the outer sheet is easy. The normal Serengeti type tents take a little longer to pack away.

This may help. Mine doesn't operate via an app, it uses a remote control keyfob.

I would imagine that hood bit might be a bit of an issue in a strong wind

Looks pretty cool! They also have a landcuiser model which might serve families!

What I do wonder, why do they make it electric? There is no real need for that, right? And would be nice to find out how they react in the wind!

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy it!

Looks pretty cool! They also have a landcuiser model which might serve families!

What I do wonder, why do they make it electric? There is no real need for that, right? And would be nice to find out how they react in the wind!

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy it!

For ease of opening. My wife is shorter than five foot and she really struggles with manual opening roof tents.

Plus, there's the added bonus of a 12v feed inside the tent.

For ease of opening. My wife is shorter than five foot and she really struggles with manual opening roof tents.

Plus, there's the added bonus of a 12v feed inside the tent.
I have a similar situation with mine. :) Wife that is.

Hi Steve, I'm just waiting for the guy to get back to me with measurements of it closed and am planning on viewing tomorrow morning. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks Andy if they are good quality, and don’t explode after a few uses maybe tempted to get one as they aren’t that heavy.

Hi looks like the roof tent has stepped in something nasty:laughing-rolling:

Back