Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new to TLCs - starting a bit oldschool

Duvs

hi, there just in process of getting an LJ78... i know i can get an 80 for the same money or many other things so am I doing the right thing? possibly not! we'll have fun finding out i'm sure.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]have tinkered with cars since my teens, done up series landrovers, but not really done much 'proper' 4x4ing. taken plenty of vehicles where off road though..

like tidying older things, using capable machinery, and game for adventure - this should be fun.
[/FONT]

Your name: Duv
Your Cruiser: LJ78 '92
Mods on your Cruiser: enough to be capable, but not been through it all properly yet...
Plans for your Cruiser: tidy it where possible? super-convenient go anywhere camper, take it out fishing surfing laning and a bit further,
4x4 Experience: nothing 'extreme' yet, but kinda grown up a off road, series2 LR, audi quattro, been waiting a while for this
Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: i'm a design engineer. if i need something i'll make it. i enjoy the projects

Hi Duvs and welcome , sounds like you will fit in well here but how dare you label Cruisers TLC's lol a 30 year old cruiser is more reliable than a 3 week old LR Defender .

Search youtube for Lincomb 4x4 , this years event is just 3 weeks away so why not come along and get some ideas . The event isn't just for full blown mudpluggers and battered trucks that look like they've been in the warzone , there will also be shiney new trucks and the lovingly restored . The event is designed (and courses laid out) so you can choose what extremes you want to put your truck through . No reason you couldn't enjoy the weekend without a scratch and gather a wealth of knowledge about your truck into the bargain .

Nice one Shayne, thanks for the invite to lincomb that sounds ace - I'll look up the date and see if i can make it..

i wasnt meaning to offend or be funny in any way with that acronym - i must have picked it up from somewhere not realising it was used derivatively - i thought it was just shorthand. If it's a commonly used jibe i cant believe i started out in my path of ownership and forum contributions that way!:oops:
i'll see if i can edit it out.. yes i opted for a landcruiser over anything solihull fully expecting an (all told) more reliable experience

Last edited:
Hi chaps, Dyfan is Rex's new owner. I told him you lot were a friendly bunch so don't go making a liar out of me!

Definitely get yourself down to Lincomb if you can dude, it's money very well spent and you'll get to meet loads of like-minded people. Unfortunately I won't make this one as I'll be in Germany that weekend, but don't for a second think that me selling Rex is the end of my affiliation with the club (oh no, you can't get rid of me that easily). I'll be there for next spring's get together in my own 4x4 or someone elses :icon-wink:

Jim.

Welcome Dyfan. You've bought yourself a very capable truck there, I hope you have lots of fun with Rex. I'm sure you'll enjoy Lincomb if you can make it, Rex is a regular and probably can find his own way there, it's like a second home for Land Cruisers.

I don't take any offense with the term 'TLC', I've seen it used plenty of times. Enjoy the forum.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers guys, I can't wait o get the keys! realise I'm taking on a bit of legend here and Jim a tough act to follow I'm sure by the looks of things, you'll have to bear with me. Be seeing you soon

Back