Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Toyota CV joint and driveshaft questions?

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Hi - with thanks to one of our forum members I have a nice new Toyota CV joint, with driveshaft, a dust seal and CV joint boot and clips already fitted.

but I am wondering why it came with another set of boot clips and a tube of grease!
why? I assume the pre-assembled CV boot it already has - has grease already in it... guess i will have to remove a clip to check before i fit it to be sure

but seems strange - unless it is for the inner CV joint when you come to fitting and reuse the inner CV boot?

toyo diy shows the grease tube and 2 clips

Attachments

• CV.jpg
    CV.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG-20130523-00959.jpg
    IMG-20130523-00959.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 95
You can safely assume that the sealed end will be correctly lubricated. As you will need to fit the shaft into the other C/V joint, Toyota have supplied a new boot and grease on the assumption that your old ones are probably PTSBD.

Roger

thanks Roger - although Toyota didnt supply a new boot - just grease and new boot-clips (as per parts diagram)

Sorry, me miss-reading the string. Toyota are being brutally clear cut, you need the grease and the clip but if the boot needs replacing, you buy that separately.

Roger

now... got to decide whether to leave the 9month old Milner HDK CV joint on the truck, and keep the Toyota one as a spare for now or swap it out for the Toyota one... and milner as a spare
when i get a free weekend, of not doing more cruical servicing that might help

On the basis that a forum such as this relies on info. especially if it concerns the strength and/or longevity of an unknown part, then you leave as is.

Roger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back