Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new troopy!

rguid

Country Flag
australia
Hi Guys

My mate recently bought a stock 2011 VDJ78R troopy which he has hit me up to do all the fit out for as he was stoked with the finished product of my Hilux.

First on the list are tow controller, dual battery setup and cruise control. With future plans of turning it into the ultimate caravan towing tourer.

I have tried and failed accessing this forums downloads section however it warns I don't have the permissions? is this a time in forum or number of posts rule?

I would love to become a regular user of this forum, but don't want to bulk spam rubbish posts to use the downloads feature. But we leave on a months long trip to the Blue Mountains Australia this weekend and need all this gear fitted up ASAP. Please help :)

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Rguid and :text-welcomewave: to this most friendly forum. Glad to hear you've got a project troopy. Hope to see some photos of the truck and what you're doing to it and then the trip. Sounds fantastic. Maybe a build thread and a trip thread when you've finished the build. There's one or two guys on here with troopys but they are quite rare in the UK.

I think for downloads you need to become a supporter. It's a very small charge (I think £10 or £12) and cancels the adverts as well. I'm not sure you need multiple posts, this was a feature of the old platform we were on earlier in the year but I think it hasn't continued. @Crispin is the main man on this.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing your photos. We love photos on here. :icon-biggrin:

Best wishes
Richard

Welcome to the forum Rguid, an interesting project you have there, by the sound of it!

As Richard said, there are some members who are experienced on this topic, but most (like me) just like to drool over what others are doing.

Watching with interest....

Brake controller: I'd recommend AutoElec on either ebay or their website store - I picked up a Redarc Tow Pro for $200 from their ebay store as there was a discount code on as well.

I cheated with the wiring - based on advice from a mate who fits them at work - and ran the brake trigger from the trailer socket back, using a bit of 6mm twin core, double sheath cable (about 6m for the length of the 4Runner)

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks Paddler Ed, thats what we ordered, though found a cheaper guy again.
RedArc Tow Pro Extreme
RedArc BCDC1225LV
Piranaha Battery Tray

All arrived in the mail today.

And new autostrada plug and play cruise control due hopefully tomorrow

anyone have information on removing airbag from steering wheel? cant find anything in the forum except a post forwarding people to the dowloads section. which i cant access :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back