Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nice Looking late 90 Colorado VX ?

Both look decent. I like the gold. I was going to say be careful buying in Bordon (everything I've bought from there hasn't been as described, not necessarily vehicle-related), but looking at the pics, the house, advert presentation,it looks like you'll be fine !!

Might be worthwhile looking at this one too - apparently has signs of what might be a steering rack leak (noted as an advisory for the last few years) according to MOT history but otherwise no alarm bells.....looks good, inside and out*. However I don't think I could live with that* colour! :icon-wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Toyo...219d8d9&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=252247776842

I saw a 100 the same guy had on a few months back ( actually early Dec ). highly recommend avoiding these guys. They are basically a valeting service cleaning up old crap and recycling it at way higher prices than its worth. The 100 I looked at had been repaired, badly. There was atleast a couple of bottles of touch up paint on the bodywork.

regards,

I'd tread carefully if I was buying a Collie. i've just bought a 51 plate D4D VX all black one. When I went after it I knew what worked and what didn't and what probably wanted attention. I therefore bought it on that basis ( bearing in mind I knew nothing about Collies at all) and at the right price. I've spent about 20 hours on it so far to get it serviced up and really baselined but not spent too much money.
The point is that at this age of vehicle there could well be a bit of remedial to do whether all at once or over a period of time as I have found unless its from an enthusiast/knowledgeable forum member.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We shall see :)

Fortunately I have a workshop, more tools than you can shake a stick at and an MOT license ;)

Price wise, I know the chap is after £4k for it and wanted to see the auction through. Does this sound fair ?

My head is telling me that is about right given the numerous rusty/dodgy looking ones about at £3k plus it's winter so there is a bit of a price hike.

If it's as described I'd rather do a deal there and then tbh !

Check the axle mounts for the usual corrosion, if its bad its £500ish for a new casing. Bushes may be tired but cheap enough fix.

Check diff lock works if not £350-400 for a new one

Otherwise looks pretty tidy

Diff lockers are fundamentally the same as an 80 front so can be sourced s/h and the plug changed, (I've just done this) which can save money. It would be nice to find a Collie with a good underbody but I fear they are few and far between.

Just got back.

I won't give the game away too much but it's worth looking at, the chap definately wants to see the auction through which is fair enough.

Watch this space ;)

looks Nice Jimmyarm

I sold my 2000 X collie in December. if you look through the old for sale posts you will find it. I sold it for £3000. it had 30k more miles on it than your advertised one. and i had the older engine. (i take it the blue collie has the d4d engine)
So i think around the 4k mark is about right for it. Good luck with the bidding.

Last edited:
It's actually not a d4d, tbh I'd prefer an older non common rail engine ;)

Quick question, it has the original shocks and springs on it, all the aftermarket stuff seems to offer a 2" lift. Are there uprated kits that keep the standard ride height but improve the damping/handling slightly ?

I think roughtrax do uprated standard height

I paid more than what it ended at ;)

it was probably a bit over what I would have liked to but it felt right and wasn't too far away.

plus the chap has a fezza and a classic fiat in the other half of the garage in air cocoons so obviously looks after his vehicles !

Back