Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nissan Patrol 4.2

" Very Interesting"

Rob, since there is plenty of interest on this thread how about a few pics of this potential tow tug? I for one would be interested.

Finally remembered to take a pic. My daughter was talking to his cows at the time so it was a fleeting view on my way to ensuring they didn't think she was food.

IMG_0017.jpg

Finally remembered to take a pic. My daughter was talking to his cows at the time so it was a fleeting view on my way to ensuring they didn't think she was food.

View attachment 25824

" Get yer MIG out" . You'll have some welding to do and it will be a labour of love. I'd check its mechanical credentials out though 1st.

I can't see it working out , if it genuinely appealed to you there would be no hesitation to grab it at a bargain price , so what's going to happen when it starts costing to keep it roadworthy ?

I would say only buy it if you have a genuine interest in it as a keeper or else its just a cheap disposable toy that won't last long .

My tuppence worth is, two of my pals had the exact models of the one mentioned, one with a factory turbo, the other with an aftermarket turbo, we made a trip to Morroco, three cars, these and me and my pal in my 80 series, performance and economy the same- ish, space? they are cavernous, comfort? Well we swapped co- drivers for an hour or so on Lac Iricki, to film and take pictures, my co - driver couldn't wait to get back into the 80, he said the 80 was far superior in ride and comfort. You may note , all three trucks have OME springs and shocks, BFG All Terrains, Realistically though, they would be similar eh? But for the price and intended use, well, I would buy one in a blink, and just as the 80 is not bulletproof neither is the 60 Nissan, well matched I think is the expression, sounds like a cheap truck to me, my pal still has a couple, he may have some spares, pm me if you need anything, we are not associated business wise and he is not a breaker, he loves the Nissan as I love the bruiser.
best regards to all, Bill Westley

Back