Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Noco Genius Boost - An Insight

mrdelmonti

Supporter
Promoted Company
Garage
Country Flag
uk
For those of you that have used a Noco Genius Boost and found it wasn't up to much, have a little looky at this and a few things might be explained.

This is the guys second video about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a little looky at what? no linky?

There's a YouTube video I posted showing for me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nothing showing my end, anyone else?

Eureka! worked this time. Very interesting loved his commentary even if the item was crap.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Link works for me. An interesting watch. Was to be expected really

I expected it to be poor but nowhere near as bad as the reality, for it to be that far off the advertised specs is abysmal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I find it works well for charging mobile devices, i.e. phones, not cars !

No surprises there, at 11.1v there would be no flow of charge into a battery that was reading any voltage above that.
1000A huh, possibly if you shorted the output terminals and measured the short circuit current for the nanosecond before it erupted in flames or simply blew the relay contacts to weld spatter.

Are they not well thought of? I've got one and found it to be really good. Got my dead 120 going a few times before I replaced the batteries. Saved me from a few long waits for a breakdown truck.

There's another thread somewhere Rob with a whole heap of unhappy buyers .

Or possibly the comments were all on the "who is doing what maintenance" thread ?

Last edited:
Would they work better if left connected to dead battery for a period to top up before trying to start rather than hoping it would 'replace' dead batt? :think:

Entertaining guy :) Short answer is that its 250A, not 1000A, and is assembled using child labour.

Its jumped my lads golf and my tractor a few times, and is used as a portable power supply for trips, so fine for what I need.

Is there a better similar product?

He has a very amusing style, pissed myself a few times. Whether these are good or not I have no idea, but worth the watch from an entertainment perspective :laughing-rolling:

Linky worked, very entertaining.

I know nothing about electronics, but just visually, it didn't appear to be a 'quality' item by any stretch...

How much are these devices? Surely, labeled and assembled properly I would imagine it to be a useful piece of kit, but as seen, I wouldn't be tempted to pay much for it, due to the chance that it would fail after 1 yr and 1 day as the guy suggested.

Very amusing though, liked his voice actuated focus camera... :lol:

Linky worked, very entertaining.

I know nothing about electronics, but just visually, it didn't appear to be a 'quality' item by any stretch...

How much are these devices? Surely, labeled and assembled properly I would imagine it to be a useful piece of kit, but as seen, I wouldn't be tempted to pay much for it, due to the chance that it would fail after 1 yr and 1 day as the guy suggested.

Very amusing though, liked his voice actuated focus camera... :lol:
IIRC Clive I paid just over £80 from Amazon. :thumbdown:

IIRC Clive I paid just over £80 from Amazon. :thumbdown:

Well Chas, I suppose it's not too pricey especially if you use it as a device charger. It would always be handy for an emergency, but it would be more comforting to think that it was made better than the one he showed....

Well Chas, I suppose it's not too pricey especially if you use it as a device charger. It would always be handy for an emergency, but it would be more comforting to think that it was made better than the one he showed....
Well my one has only been tried at Julian V's to try and start a Cruiser with flat batteries, total fail, since then it's not been used for anything.

Back