Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Non Toyota source for rear door sealing strip?

OK then, current state of play.

A seal from Toyota is about £160. I can get the same genuine seal shipped from the UAE for around £105.

only place that has anything similar is Seals Direct who have a rear door seal for a VW T5. It's not exactly the same but you can see how close it is in the photo. I'd need 5m of their seal strip which, with postage and vat would be £47. Half the price but it's not exactly the same and I'm wondering if it'll do the job suitably. Given the wish to keep this truck for a while I think it's probably best to just spend the extra £50 and know it's the correctly fitting seal.

Thoughts?

View attachment 164366

Bear in mind you'll have VAT to pay on that UAE import and a fee from the courier to collect the VAT (usually £10-£15). So all in around £140. Toyota UK price doesn't look so bad. Simon is the man for best prices though.

Good point Rob, they don't tell you that, just bill you or collect after you think you got away with it.

Ah, I hadn't thought about the import duty, you're absolutely right.

I don't think you pay import duty under about £120. And if you do that's "only" about 4.5% It's the VAT on the product AND the shipping that does the damage. And, in my experience, it's a faff getting a VAT receipt from most couriers if that concerns you.

I stand corrected Rob, should have said VAT, which is what you said in first place, and of course any shipping.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back