Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

None Toyota Seats

Mal Eade

Country Flag
england
Hi All

Has anyone fitted in none standard seats into a 80.

I know with the height of most trucks if seats have high sides then getting in or out maybe a problem

If so any pix or advise please

Mal

No photos from a friend in France.......................

Whats that mean then

Or would it be a very poor try at sarcasm

Mal Eade said:
Whats that mean then

Or would it be a very poor try at sarcasm

Mate,
The only reason I posted that was because when I looked at your other post I was genuinely concerned, just to see it we a hoax………. Don’t get your knickers in a twist………………

friend of mine bought an 80 and it had had LANDROVER DISCOVERY front seats in it ..
he took them straight out and put them in the skip.
and refitted 80series leather seats

so it is possible

geordie_boy1978 said:
friend of mine bought an 80 and it had had LANDROVER DISCOVERY front seats in it ..

Wouldn't mind a pair of Disco4 front seats in my LC - they are actually very nice! :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was watching that Mike Brewer & Ed China do up an old Saab 900 the other night - I think I'd like to try & get a set of Saab seats in Muxley... The others I had considered in the past we the Celica seats.

I would have thought that they would go in ok... :think:

MMMMM

Not sure about Disco seats I would get so much p**s taken out of me by mates who have Landrovers, It would go on and on and on.

I was thinking more of a nice high back seat like these.

RECARO EXPERT
expert_l_product_01.jpg

Nice and supportive

But in Black Leather £830.00 each ihrhrhrh+*&^^^ Hell.

Mal

Thanks Gav

I have put them on my i want to buy list no 83.

So much on one list.

Mal

geordie_boy1978 said:
he took them straight out and put them in the skip.
and refitted 80series leather seats

so it is possible

I would still be worried that the Toyota had caught something from the Land Rover parts. Is there a clinic he could take it to for treatment. :lol:

The problem with the Recaro or BMW seats linked to is the height of the side bolsters. They will be pulled across every time you slide out and down (or over and in) and eventually split both the cover and the stuffing internally.

Try having a look at Isri (Isringhausen) or Bostrum who make truck seats.

I raised this topic sometime back and the best option wash to try and get some newer 80 series seats from Karl! The Corolla seat I have tried didn't fit, though there are many models of Corolla etc. There is quite a lot of chat on mud about this subject...

Be wary of after-market stuff, as it is rarely good enough in quality - the £150 bargain basement Halfords kit compares with OE replacement seats costing over a grand!

Cheers...

Back