Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nuisance calls

frank rabbets

Guru
I'm getting nuisance calls from the "National Hearing Centre" how can I stop them? I've reported them to TPS and I'm ex directory. TPS say the cannot trace the company even though I gave the number revealed on 1471. Furthermore I don't think there is much anyone can do as they are not selling anything but trying to get people to attend a seminar during which they will do I guess.

I found TPS in the past very good.

I would keep em on the phone as long as possible with comment's such as "eh" ya what , pardon , could you repeat that please , sorry i can't hear you , would you mind speaking up a little blah blah blah . They would probably erase your number from the system for wasting their time :lol:

Lol. Tell them you have their details and will be charging them £50/hr to talk to them like that one guy did recently. Then he took the fools to the Small Claims court after they didn't pay his invoice - and won!!

Last edited:
Keep saying what? And apologise for not being able to hear them properly.....lol

Mick

Buy a loud whistle and blow it down the phone when they call they will be able to use their own services then. :icon-twisted:

They are untraceable otherwise I would try something. The 1471 number keeps changing. I've been criminally rude to them etc and they still keep calling. I thought of the whistle Chas but some years ago there was a TV prog about telephones an they've put in a sort of limit on loudness but I will try.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OK, try saying as soon as you pick up the phone OK, it's done but there's blood everywhere.

Its amusing to answer the phone in a brisk authoritative voice with "Good evening you are through to blah blah police headquarters Constable Jones speaking how may i assist you"

Stunned silence is the usually reply promptly followed by the dial tone of a disconnected line :lol:

Tell them they've just got through to ISIS Field Operations UK HQ, and see what happens...:think:

Chas are you referring to the old grey whistle test?:icon-biggrin:.

I've told them twice they are through to anti-terrorism and they put the phone down. Trouble is the other dunces there keep phoning.

A mate got fed up with accident compensation calls, he answered the phone and when they asked to speak to Mr Watson regarding his accident (not actually been involved in one) his reply was that Mr Watsons accident was fatal and he was dealing with everything on behalf of the family. Haven't called him again!

Invite them to your seminar on 'Spanish property - making money in a downturn' -explain its not a timeshare but that they may be offered the opportunity to build their own Holiday Ownership portfolio.

Wow, that should do it, it would scare the crap outta me!:lol:

Back