Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OEM Wheel Carrier for my 100

Garage
I came across this swing carrier from an LC100.............

DSC_0016.JPG

Then I went to my local Mr T and ask for all the "small" pieces....they are really good at what they do(!)...but!...since we only get the LC100 in LE -and LS versoins (luxury or extreme luxury !)......this particular item does not exist in their world ...I try to help them by suggesting a search for LC105.....they look at me giggling like I am some retard "and what is that?"he replies :shock: ......well, I went across the desk and helped him find it (of course it exists in their system!!!)....but all together he wanted to rip me for about 300 Euro :o ...there most be better way around this???...please, guys :idea:

basically all the items missing from the photo :roll: ...locking system, bump stop, hinge covers etc.

+ I will need the 2 reinforcement plates your produced and inserted to strengthen the corner on yours!...

I believe the locking system was the real killer on the quote :o

Lars Bo Kjeldstrom said:
I believe the locking system was the real killer on the quote :o
I can believe it. The carrier pictured is slightly different to mine or the OEM one I had for a while so I don't know if the same parts would fit it. The knock off on mine came from Direct4x4 and the lock, hinge covers etc are interchangeable with OEM parts. When I asked what spares Direct4x4 had they said they just have the locking system and IIRC it was about £35 but I don't know if that's still the case or if it would be compatible with the carrier in your picture.

this is what I've got. Yours has an extra bit on the top tube that I can't see properly what it is and that plate in the middle going to the left edge that might just be a guide / shield for the lock cable.

EDIT: correction, £30 including VAT and P&P in August 2009.

Weird, when I got in touch with Direct 4x4 about sourcing some bits and pieces for another external wheel carrier missing parts, I got a BIG FAT ZERO for my troubles.

I must be the name Wildsmith which opens doors. :cool: :cool: :cool:

John

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back