Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oh No Not Again tunnit/mpg

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Today I have done a round trip from hull (east Yorks) to Port Talbot(Wales) exactly 520mile round trip. But What really amazes me is that I did it on 1 tank of fuel. red light to red light. filled up before i went put in 72l to the brim and have filled up again tonight 72.65l to the brim.

The car was empty on the way there inc. back seats out. on the way back it had 150kgs of mobility scooter in the back. driver and passanger. GGAT2s, winch and all the other stuff thats bolted to it. somewhere between 60 and 80 all the way.

I just cannot understand how the hell this is possible, I normall get 25mpg so a jump up to 32/33 is awesome. I did turn my tunit all the way up to 9 but didnt think that it could make this much differance to economy but it is fun beating the saxo's off the line.

30 mpg + is easily manageable when doing 55-60 mph especially on long motorway drives.

But wheres the fun in that.... :dance:

Beau said:
30 mpg + is easily manageable when doing 55-60 mph especially on long motorway drives.

I'm not sure mine does 55-60mph ;) Hense 21mpg :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
sae70 said:
Beau said:

I'm not sure mine does 55-60mph ;) Hense 21mpg :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: I topped mine out the other day on a clear bit of the motorway, foot down, she would not do more than 115, which according to my tom tom was 111. This was going slightly down hill as well. :clap:

Mine does a steady 29 -30 mpg, mixed driving, that's without any tuney business.

Also did a recorded 121.6mph on the nurburgring! :D :D

Back