Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil leak worry

trev.w

Country Flag
england
Hi all,got worsening oil leak on my truck,after a quick look underneath it's seems to be coming from round the area under the turbo or the rubber hose below that which looks like some sort of breather pipe,any common problems round this area iE seals or something?never seems to use oil between services by the dipstick,but the drips are getting heavier so I think it's time for some evasive action:cool:

If the hose is direct from the turbo to just above the sump then it is the oil return from the turbo. It can get pretty hot there so might be worth getting it done sooner rather than later.

It could also be the turbo oil feed leaking same action as above.

regards

Dave

THanks davenport, is there any info on here regarding the above on how to do these two jobs?

The removal should be pretty straightforward if you can wield a spanner and screwdriver, if your not sure then dig out a 'Paynes' manual and have a go.

regards

Dave

Sorry about the davenport crack dave predictive text! !!!lol we just talking about changing a couple of hoses then, not seals in turbos etc.

More than likely, the turbo seals normally announce failure by hiding the traffic behind you in a cloud of smoke! Make sure it is not 'blowby' oil, this may be coming from the thin tube on the rocker cover into the large air intake tube, the clips often weaken and let the oil drip down on to the pipework around the turbo.

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Definitly not got clouds of smore out the back,so I'll have a look at those areas ASAP, thanks dave

Back