Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Old musicians / performers

Not everyone's favourite? Ok name me two people who he was their favourite. Sorry, but really never got this guy. In terms of talent and fame he's up there with the Krankies for me. Nope sorry. Shame he's dead as a person, but as a performer, I'd rather watch washing dry on a line

Not everyone's favourite? Ok name me two people who he was their favourite. Sorry, but really never got this guy. In terms of talent and fame he's up there with the Krankies for me. Nope sorry. Shame he's dead as a person, but as a performer, I'd rather watch washing dry on a line

Kinda proved me right there Chris, methinks.

Each to his own. There's probably a dozen tracks I've really liked over the years, and an awful lot that I haven't liked. Take your point there.

But the Krankies? Give us a break... :lol:

I'm the same with Bob Dylan, wrote a handfull of good songs that people sang better than him 40 years ago.
Now he has demi-god staus and gets a Nobel prize.
Sad about him dying but apart from "Hallelujah" on the Shrek soundtrack Cohen most people wouldn't know him from the Krankies.

One of the Krankies seems to have done alright for herself :eusa-whistle:

krankies.jpg

Well, I am a Leonard Cohen fan. I have three of his albums and there is usually one in a car CD player.

I can't say he was my all-time favourite though but there were times (moods?) when I could listen to his music a lot.

I'll probably buy his latest album, but only because its been brought to my attention by his death, which is a pity. I didn't own a J.J.Cale album until after he died and now I have three or four and like them a lot (I can also recommend "Eric Clapton & Friends, the songs of J.J.Cale" - a great album with Mark Knopfler and Willie Nelson guesting :thumbup:).

I am a "Blues Man" and the old school performers are dropping off with depressing regularity these days.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wasn't he Spock in Star Trek?

He could have been, if his ears had been as pointy as Leonard Nimoy's.

Nimoy died in February 2015.

Clive I don't think they were actually his real ears you know...

Does being a vegan make your ears pointy then Clive? I must warn Lynn's cousin, her daughter is in grave danger…

Does anyone else remember chick chick chicken , lay a little egg for me being on top of the pops or in the charts at least quite some time ago ?

I can't find a vid and besides i'm not sure the singer would qualify as an "old musician / performer" given she was about 5 at the time :lol:

Natalie Casey 3 years old . I can find the song easy enough but not the spectacle of such a performance appearing on top of the pops which is how and why i remember it .

Natalie Casey 3 years old . I can find the song easy enough but not the spectacle of such a performance appearing on top of the pops which is how and why i remember it .
Ok, I understand now. For some time there I thought you were looking for that song sung by Jimmy Krankie!! :shock:

As you were…

Last edited:
Was never really a fan of the FB3 or The Specials for that matter but there's hope for this one yet...

Back