Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

On board air or hydraulic winch

jeepmadmike

while looking under the lid of my truck today i had a thought, bin the air con... it is not working and i expect it needs more than a re-gas

so i thought

convert the air con compressor to a air compressor

or

fit a hydraulic pump and the milemarker hydro winch i have kicking about...

Well this is why I was thinking of binning the air con comp, it leaves a nice big hole for a hydraulic pump :cool:

My mate who is challenge event mad is running a pump and winch motor so large that it will kill the engine on his landy if pulling to hard :shock: no load line speed is faster than you can run :?

I was not going to go made just fit a little pump and not get into building winches like he has- he has way to much time and money but he is 35 and living with mum and dad still :lol:

Sell the hydraulic winch, then go & buy a Goodwinch. With the left over change sort out on board air :thumbup: Best of both worlds then & not cost you a bean :D

I already have a goodwinch TDS with a Bowmotor fitted, I just fancy fitting my hydro winch :cool:

Dam auto spell check keeps ammending mad to made..... Previous post is slightly odd because of it!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting write up. a lot of work and kit though. My set up is far less involved, electric, and runs at somewhere over 5 cfm. Enough to run my impact wrench and inflate a completely flat 33" 285 to 40 psi in under 3 mins.

Chris

Back