Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

one here

Not to far from you, being a 93 it won't have ABS & will have the smaller brakes & 15 inch wheels, not sure if it will have the better A442F gearbox in but it will say on the VIN plate on the bulkhead. doesn't look to bad in the piccies.

joinerman said:
Not to far from you, being a 93 it won't have ABS & will have the smaller brakes & 15 inch wheels, not sure if it will have the better A442F gearbox in but it will say on the VIN plate on the bulkhead. doesn't look to bad in the piccies.

It has ABS and the later auto box. It is one of the first of the later type.

Looks ok, but you will not know till you look at it.

Paul

what about the difflocks you think?

i will give him a bell 2moz and see what the service history is like.

Well the switch is there :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It will have axle lockers fitted, but you will have to see if they work.

Paul

at least i know how to do that now, worth the 10 hour round trip to wales last sat :o :D

At least that one is a lot closer to home Fett.
Go look mate, it looks like it's ok.

It looks like a good price and very clean. I'm amazed that a dealer has one on at that price - almost sounds to good to be true when compared with some of the other dealers...

Andrew Prince said:
It looks like a good price and very clean. I'm amazed that a dealer has one on at that price - almost sounds to good to be true when compared with some of the other dealers...

agreed.
good price if all is as appears

Drive behind it for a bit see if it smokes or crabs. Warn them you want a cold start up and check for smoke and rattles. On selling cars that's what I've been asked to do. Good luck.

frank

gave him a bell , somone is coming down to look at it today (better not be one of you lot :o :mrgreen: ), but if they dont get it I am going accross tomorrow

ok guys I have had a further chat with him.

beb in the history so they will need doing, any ideas on cost?

the oil light is on , not the pressure one I dont think but it must be an orange level one, they seller says the previous owner was quoted £350 to fix it so didnt bother- whats the score with that?

not being a doozil man , how and what colour smoke do I check for and when? can I also check the turbo via smoke or how should I check the turbo ?

Can anyone tell if this is a uk car? I think it is as it has the difflocks!

any voulenteers to do my beb? I can provide refreshments and beer tokens!

anyone want to come to dorset tomorrow and give me a hand, free pub lunch provided!

nivapilot said:
Best of luck Fett, I'm rooting for you.

thanks mate , want a day out tomoz Ill pay for fuel and food and if it goes well we can bring back a landcruiser!

Paul_Humphreys said:
joinerman said:

It has ABS and the later auto box. It is one of the first of the later type.

Looks ok, but you will not know till you look at it.

Paul

are we sure or how can I check , as I really want that leter gearbox and discs all round!

Look on the aluminium VIN plate on the firewall - should say A442F for transmission.
I'm pretty sure all UK 80s had discs all round.

The main giveaway on an "older" 80 with the smaller brakes etc is 15" tyres. Of course the owner could have added 16" wheels at a later date so this is not a sure-fire method but 15" rims won't fit on a later 80 with the bigger discs.

In the pictures, it shows the later type gear leaver. This was fitted to the 93 on ones, they also has ABS.

Paul

Back