Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

one here

would it really cost £350 to sort that oil light?

what could the fault be? i could do with knowing what to bargain for, thanks :D

Fett said:
ok guys I have had a further chat with him.

beb in the history so they will need doing, any ideas on cost?

the oil light is on , not the pressure one I dont think but it must be an orange level one, they seller says the previous owner was quoted £350 to fix it so didnt bother- whats the score with that?

not being a doozil man , how and what colour smoke do I check for and when? can I also check the turbo via smoke or how should I check the turbo ?

Can anyone tell if this is a uk car? I think it is as it has the difflocks!

any voulenteers to do my beb? I can provide refreshments and beer tokens!

anyone want to come to dorset tomorrow and give me a hand, free pub lunch provided!

tubo -unlikely to be buggered- they last some miles- the green pressure light should be well on by about 1850rpm- check for mayo in the oil cap, and oil in the coolant system. You'll konw if its buggered because it won't spool up properly! mine has been leaking a bit of oil for ages now, it gets burnt off when the vehicles hot- mine isn't even cooled (and never has been since i bought it- its survived numerous trips to the desert and pyranees over 50k miles).

as to the light- as long as the truck isn't burning silly amounts of oil then you'll have no problems- if the chaps a trader then buy it with the proviso that the oil light is a problem with the electrical signal rather than anything else. you should be able to get a sender chaep from stef or karl.

with a diesel you should get black smoke under hard load- lots of blue smoke when revving the engine means oil is being burnt and could be any of valve stems, turbo, or a piston problem (latter unlikely). Quite rare to see blue smoke from an 80 though. You might see some on startup but as long as it clears quickly (and its only a puff) then i wouldn't worry too much - a 20 yr old engine is rarely going to be perfect.white smoke is either overfuelling at idle (which could be a few things) or possible steam- if it smells of diesel then you have cold overfuelling which isn't usually a good thing.

if it has difflocks then i wouldn't worry whether it was a uk car or not as it will have the right spec- it looks like a uk car frmo the pictures though.

BEBS- about £200-£250 for parts etc- BEBS, 8l of oil, oil filter, good gasket material, new stretch material etc.

thanks for that info mate!

is your offer beb help valid on any car or just your mates? :D

which looked better?

Back