Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Our first Overland trip

May i ask in return what was that torch usb jump pack thing you got called ? nighthawk or something ?
Nightsearcher, Shayne. Not sure if still available as they were on special as clearance items.
IMG_9955.PNG

Worth a phone call.

Good little trip out.
Every time use mine for camping something ends up getting changed to try improve it.

Good little trip out.
Every time use mine for camping something ends up getting changed to try improve it.
:)
I've done quite a few changes this year Gary, I've had most of the bits collected together for a while not knowing which direction to go in.
Looks like it's all coming together.
Now, if only I could find somewhere that supplies side doors for the rear windows…:whistle:

I bought this topper recently - 4" is probably too thick for a RTT but absolutely brilliant. It's quite soft but offers great support for the heavier amongst us when lying on your side. This is something I have alot of trouble with on alot of mattresses. They do have thinner ones which should do the trick.

The only negative i've heard for memory foam is it can become quite hard in cooler weather.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U6Q18Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hmm, We've tried a memory foam mattress. Not all memory foam mind you, just the top 3" or so. Lynn had trouble climbing out of the hollow! :confusion-helpsign: I got too hot.:icon-redface: Sold it on eBay! :techie-ebay:
Anybody had any other than memory foam? Do they even do such a thing? I'm clearly going to need to do some research.

Thanks for the tip on the gauze thingy for narrow boats Chris, I will look into that too. It didn't get damp around the mattress although it settled ON everything and on the inside of the tent. I think it mainly is to do with us not having the external window shades in the down position as the lass I bought the tent off hasn't sent the stays on yet…:think:.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm, We've tried a memory foam mattress. Not all memory foam mind you, just the top 3" or so. Lynn had trouble climbing out of the hollow! :confusion-helpsign: I got too hot.:icon-redface: Sold it on eBay! :techie-ebay:
Anybody had any other than memory foam? Do they even do such a thing? I'm clearly going to need to do some research.

Thanks for the tip on the gauze thingy for narrow boats Chris, I will look into that too. It didn't get damp around the mattress although it settled ON everything and on the inside of the tent. I think it mainly is to do with us not having the external window shades in the down position as the lass I bought the tent off hasn't sent the stays on yet…:think:.

Sounds like you guys had a steamy night...

Those were the times....:icon-redface: :lol:

Got my topper from Dunelm Mills (?) if memory serves.

It makes a massive difference opening the windows even just a little this time of year.

In my HM I have a ikea mattress topper and makes a massive difference.

It makes a massive difference opening the windows even just a little this time of year.

In my HM I have a ikea mattress topper and makes a massive difference.

I started to find that out Stu, I'm learning!! :)
What type of topper is yours? There seem to be all sorts…

Mine came with the tent sorry. it's not memory foam or such. I tried to find it last night to post a link but failed to find.

Yes, but it's quite thin and remember you can put it UNDERNEATH not on top.

Back