Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show 2017

TWO AO SHOWS! Is there the demand for that? I'd have focused on devoloping the one show rather than diluting efforts across two. Humm....

Even more chance of clashing with our Lincomb meets.

TWO AO SHOWS! Is there the demand for that? I'd have focused on devoloping the one show rather than diluting efforts across two. Humm....

I asked just the same question..

i think there could be if done right. I went to the landrover show last weekend and that was pretty packed as well.
hopefully this means overlanding is taking hold and that this can open up the uk slightly easier for certain activities lol

Cheers for organising Karl. Had a great time.

I just took the telling off at the end on the chin as i assumed id probably have done something wrong over the weekend, was just a bit confused what he was cross about. For all the jumping around and swaering i thought it would have been for a bit more than driving through the wrong gate that the marshalls waved is through. Though we can all make arses of ourselves so i am happy with the appology. Plus hes called Tom so he must be cool

Personally for us I welcome a second one. An excuse for more time off in the diary is always good.
I personally enjoyed the actual show this year. We bought a couple of bits that we were wanting for the kit and it was nice seeing stuff that other people use and how they use it.

Obviously meeting up with the cruiser boys is always nice. I also enjoy finally putting faces to names with non forum guys who I have dealt with over the phone.

I did feel that Tom and the crew had made some good improvements this time as I wasn't stood arguing in the tent on the way in for around half an hour this time. I did hear a few guys had issues getting in though.

Regarding the mix up and the end. Personally for me. Sorry just doesn't cut it all the time depending on the situation. The fact he made a point of making sure I got the message to Sam,andy and tom was ok of him and they all seem ok with that.
Regarding health and safety. Chris is right. It's bull. It's to do with the paying customers on the Sunday. If people pay for the Sunday day entry and all the trade stands are packed up by 12 then Tom could have a problem regarding future events. He has a passion for the event he runs and I expect that was the reason for the outburst at the end.

Both shows are penciled in for next year and it will be good to see you all (and more) next time.

I only met a couple of you but it was good to have a chat and get some info. Also nice to see your rigs up close.

For me, the show was better this year than last year, however, a few stands were conspicuous by their abscence for me, perhaps they were at other shown on the European mainland?

A few things for me need improvement. Firstly, the £15 day entry fee is just too steep. The lack of refreshments/food stands needs attention. The organisation of the talks/workshops was very poor, the programme wasn't published, they didn't provide the programme on entry and it's not clear what talks occured where.

I'll likely be there next year, but it'll be camping with my pooch.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good to come and meet those of you on the stand yesterday. It was lonely over on the display vehicle area where my FJ was, not sure of the logic of having an area the 'wrong' side of the course for some vehicles and the seminars that seemed rather isolated. Agree the show could be so much more, just look at the scale of such events elsewhere in the world but it was a nice day out for us.

....It was lonely over on the display vehicle area where my FJ was, not sure of the logic of having an area the 'wrong' side of the course for some vehicles and the seminars that seemed rather isolated....
Where was the display vehicles section? I don't recall seeing an FJ Cruiser, I'd have said hi if I did. Join us on the club stand next year, you certainly won't feel isolated.

Hey, glad you made it over here and yes, the FJ is most definitely a Landcruiser. We look forward to seeing more of this rare beast on here. Ignore those ignorant Yanks.

Where was the display vehicles section? I don't recall seeing an FJ Cruiser, I'd have said hi if I did. Join us on the club stand next year, you certainly won't feel isolated.
I missed that too!

Over by the grandstand on the other side of the track

yes it is weird having such a spread, we went to the bushcraft talk on sat and left after 5 mins, poor chap, it was disorganised and he was just reading off the slides. didn't felt that good. and no sticker this year :p
wonder if a better venue with it all closer together be better or some large marques as there was fair chunk unused areas in the circle.

Just having some tea Patrick has gone back to Portland and Connie is moping and i will write a tomb on my thoughts of the show

I had a bloody good time packed everything i did not need and that was just the start of my adventure at the overland show met Karl Holly and the dogs at the gate then followed them to club area and set up me tent met a few other members and was made welcome by ALL my son is shy of meeting strangers but felt at ease amongst you he relaxed and enjoyed the company and the show as did i Thought i would get a cooker pots and pans and camp kitchen at the show to use over the weekend so went and seen APB they did not bring any so went back to tent ciggy cup of tea and rethink so went for another walk around and found Bush Pig lo and behold they hold SOLD OUT but they had 2 put back but were damaged i asked him to show me one it had a paint chip and a bent leg pin so i brought it then went back to APB to get some pots guess what they sold out in the morning cuss and swear on me way back to tent met Andy and Maria and they reccomended the Jerk Chicken stall lo and bloody behold they were shuting up shop can you how my weekend is panning out so anyway Andy had a word and WMJC really looked after me with two oversized tubs of chicken more bloody loveliness so much of it even Connie me dog had a good bit of it Sunday was much the same for me but still amongst good company Connie seemed to like Mr and Mrs Starcruiser who have got themselves a really nice setup did think of a straight swop for mine but lost me man sack at every opertunity ah well next year As for the show itself its in its early years and with luck it should get better you can only learn from mistakes made and yes Tom made some hope he learns from them it was a lot better than last year i shall go again next year but as news travels it might get too big to be the show you love as it is now or it could become Bad Stratford with a good international reputation and you can say I was there at the begining it was manure but it was good times Tom has had some stick for the lack of info and communication me i have trouble sorting meself out so from my side praise to Tom and his team for this years show it is a big project for anyone to undertake he may well need help next year but lets wait and see So to all of you who me Patrick and Connie met at the Club site made us welcome thank you all a special mention MUST go to Karl Holly and the dogs most of you know this already but just to remind you once m*8**88*ore they are really Special People met them just the one time but what an impression they made on us was very lucky to have met ALL OF YOU i really hope the Lincome weekend goes well for those that go
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All

Glad you both enjoyed it Steve and obviously Connie :).
im glad everyone made you feel welcome. That's how we all are. Most of us help each other out and that's what it's all about.
Hope to see you both again.

Last edited:
Was nice to meet you Steve hope to see you again next time

Good to see evryone, and thanks for the support, sorry i never really got chance to chat, it wwas a bit mental!

From my perspective the show was slighlty better organised, but that in part was some of our overlander forum people getting there early enough to sort our patch out. Every year its as though its the first time toms done it!
I know its a lot to sort but its a big field and having stuff the other side of the track is nuts. Anyway hes never really taken peoples input on board and does his own thing, but fair play to him for keeping it going even though it is chaos

As for a second show, well as a trader i think it will be a disaster. He should concentrate on making this one better.
Two shows will dilute traders and visitors, as people will be tempted to go to one or the other , some will do both i know but.
you know its an expensive trade stand and now he wants it twice, im under pressure to go to both, not convinced its a good idea but will have to see

Back