Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland show June 2021

Hope you all got onto a pitch of some sort for today. I’ve only got a ticket for tomorrow otherwise I’d be on my way. Going to try and arrive for about 09:00 and see if I can get onto the club area with you…any advice appreciated as Tom hasn’t responded to me (of course)
I’m the same, plan to come up tomorrow, any decent solar panels on show? The foldable type and nor so bulky???

It’s absolutely chocka bloc here, if u drive round the perimeter fence, left buy the big American campervans, we’re set up about 50 yds in on the left, will look out for you, but as said, there are lots here, never seen as many.

pretty poor on the trader front, hardly anything on the solar panel front!

It’s absolutely chocka bloc here, if u drive round the perimeter fence, left buy the big American campervans, we’re set up about 50 yds in on the left, will look out for you, but as said, there are lots here, never seen as many.

pretty poor on the trader front, hardly anything on the solar panel front!
Cheers

If the tickets are transferable, I have two tickets booked for tomorrow. If anyone want please let me know I can forward email of receipt. I booked but m not coming

Hi Andy, if you want tickets, please pm me your email address, I will forward you receipt emails. M glad if these tickets are useful for any of us.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry I didnt mention, I am not selling the tickets. Since I wont be able to come, I wanted to give to anyone in the group who can use them.

Much appreciated Raj, left it late ( had work this morning) and was sold out so we are going to the ball, well, day out .

Back home. Never seen so many attendees camping at the show. As has been mentioned, not many traders. Still we had a great couple of days with friends - great to see you all. I particularly liked how we effectively circled the wagons creating our own social space. I think that worked well.

Not much on the photo front I'm afraid

20210605_202343.jpg

20210605_202339.jpg
20210605_202434.jpg

What happened to the "largest collection of Landcruisers" thingy? Did they have a decent show of 70s?!?

There were a couple of 40s, a 60, a few 70s and a scattering of 80s grouped in the middle of the trade area. I think they belonged to a number of traders. One in particular - RHAS - stood out as they are importing new and used vehicles. Give them a Google, they have a few advertised on their website.

these all seem to be in reverse order, oh well.

Holy moly! i seem to have uploaded a video for the first time ever without a linky!

Well the 'show' as it was described was nothing short of pathetic. But if you start with zero expectations then you're rarely disappointed, eh? But the weekend itself was magic. I so needed some time away. Top credits have to go to Nick's fiery wings and Rosy's outrageous pork curry. You guys need to start a food company. Thank you also to Androvski and his magic glove box, Superb company and chat all weekend with Saturday being a scorcher.
To those vendors who could be bothered, well done for making the effort. For those of you who clearly didn't give a **** and you know who you are, you don't deserve customers!

For those out you who didn't or couldn't make this one, do make the effort to come to the Stratton weekend or Leicester. You're missing out.

Well the 'show' as it was described was nothing short of pathetic. But if you start with zero expectations then you're rarely disappointed, eh? But the weekend itself was magic.
.. So basically the same as every previous AO Show then? Gotta say I love the event for camping, meeting people and seeing what people are building/driving, but the show aspect seems to get weaker every year - perhaps it would be better organised as a gathering and underplay the whole show aspect. I've always thought it works as a camping event, but I would be very pissed off if I'd paid to attend as a day visitor. Hopefully I'll get over to the one in September...

Back