Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

PAINT CODE

IRLGW

Does anyone happen to know the paint code for the grey bumper and corners on the 93-95 models. (I assume its the same the whole way through the years but in case its specific to the model variation) I did remember seeing a chart online somewhere but cannot find it again...

I hadnt realised how shabby they have become until I gave it its pre-mot polish!

Mine is Toyota "Grey Mica". I should pop down the paint shop and look at their chip. It'll be a starting point. Even with the right code it's lucky to get a good match edge to edge but if you do both ends it won't look too bad. The paint I got turned out slightly lighter than my bumper so I did just the ends, then the middle and then a few years later the back.

Whatever it certainly looks like a proper original 80 now.

You might get the cellulose but they do it in a base coat also.

Or are you hoping for a rattle can ? Even so you could check the chips at the paint shop first.

Yes I was hoping to stroll down to halfords and get a rattle can. That is my new preferred method for minor repairs. I have been pretty impressed with their coulour matching as well on cars around 10 years old. A can of primer, colour and lacquer works out at about 22 quid and no paint gun to clean!. I wouldn't paint a full panel with it but doing a wheel arch or bumper corner its perfect.

I eventually found the chart but not sure if we are talking 'moonglow' or 'slate'.... http://www.toyotareference.com/landcruiser/1991-1997

Back