Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Partner stove

Well there you go then the expert has spoken and you should not buy the stove , or indeed any other gas bottle or appliance because they are not for use by the public :icon-rolleyes:

Very good - I'll remember the expert bit, perhaps one day I will be at honourary guru status for my posts like you, in particular mine which is factual and not imagined or made up.
All that information comes from over 40 years of experience camping and caravaning, making my own mistakes, and learning from others - everything I said is no secret, do your own research.

You make yourself look silly Shayne, - you said don't buy the stove, bottles or appliances not me, in a childish attempt to redeem yourself, and there is no reason not to buy, it's all about being aware of what fits with what and safe, and obviously you don't want to concede the fact, or even know about the subject, jumping in with both feet.
The information was to help the member, not get into an argument with you.
Crack on son.

My first reply to the question was offered as a question because i'm no expert but on a friendly forum any answer is better than to be ignored .

I then held my hands up and backed out of the conversation because i am not capable of offering an anally retentive essay on the subject .

I applaud your ability to connect a gas bottle and appreciate your 40 years of learning how to do it :clap:

Thanks for all of your replies. I am still unsure if the Cook Partner stoves will work on our propane tanks in the UK. My thoughts were that if the regulator was different then I could just swap the regulator out.
Anyone on here own one of these stoves?
Darrell

As long as it has a hose then you should be able to get a replacement regulator for the bottles you own. Just remember that if designed for Propane then it should only be used on propane, if designed for butane then only used on butane (Some stoves have replacement nozzles for each gas type - not sure about that one though), but apart from that there is nothing stopping you replacing the hose and regulator on any stove.

Shame, you didn't back out, you came back after my advice, with quips about incredibly thick people re. differences between propane and butane hoses, having no knowledge of other aspects, hence my reply about incredibly thick people thinking that is the only difference, which I went on to explain.
Everyone else knows though, it doesn't take 40 years to find out how to connect a gas bottle - do You. ?
You may be surprised to know a gas bottle can't be connected without the proper compatible fittings, and not just bung a hose on it from an appliance.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have a partner stove, I use a calor gas propane bottle. If I remember correctly the regulator is high pressure, next time when I go to the container I will have a look and take some photos

Also be aware that Calor have, or are in the process of discontinuing all 3.9kg bottles, (the dumpy one), so once stocks have gone there will be no more for sale, or refilling of any you already have.

Last edited:
They have stopped the 3.9kg ones. It's annoying because I have two mounts on the roof set up specifically for them. When they're both empty I might have to get a pair of the fancy yellow refillable ones that are roughly the same size.

Yes, lots of people are going to be severely inconvenienced by this.
Lots of people due to space cannot use Calor's next size, boaters in particular when lockers were designed for them due to space, and people like yourself with space/weight saving storage
Most caravan lockers will accomodate the next size up, which I have always used.
BP or Flogas as I think it is now, do a 5kg opaque gas bottle, the next nearest size, which is handy to see the contents and is lighter than the bigger metal ones. Regulator different.
Refillable are good, but still a bit bigger than the 3.9kg, IF you can find a place/garage that still have the lpg pumps, they are few and far between I understand, and there is the drawback of high initial cost to start.
Of course it's much cheaper for gas that way, as you will know, but if you don't use a great deal, you will be unlikely to recoup the initial cost.
Good luck with it !

Charlie, - You can get a refund from Calor, only if you have the original agreement, but I believe it is a pittance on what was paid as a deposit, not the whole amount.

Jacob, - You can refill your Calor bottle, but you need another full cylinder to do it, not neccessarily the same size, but of the same gas, plus a hose with the correct fittings either end which are not universally available, but can be got, and the knowledge to do it. For obvious reasons, legal and safety I won't go into it on here. What I can say is, personally I don't think it's any more dangerous than operating bottle and appliance under normal circumstances.
If you PM me, I can without any responsibility, point you in the right direction, on what I know, and where you can find printed information.

Last edited:
I remember now, when I order the stove Partner sent the regular but I had to change the POL connector (nut and tail).
The regulator itself i believe has a higher operating pressure than the standard fitted to most LPG cylinders here. IMG_2615.jpegIMG_2614.jpegIMG_2612.jpeg

Back