Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

patio cleaner?

ram

Hi i've got anual clan gathering next weekend (14/15)
i want to give the patio a good clean up,just tried the jet wash but it's taking ages to clean a single slab.(i am not using the jet wash patio cleaning attachment.)
can any body recommend a strong chemical cleaner i can put down before washing it?
thanks.

I have one of those rotary deck cleaning attachments and it cleans a patio quicker than an airstrike. It's very very fast. I don't think that with a standard spray, using a chemical will help particularly.

Mine is a Nilfisk washer.

Chris

Brick/masonry cleaner can be bought at builders merchants and is basically acid. I've used it on mono block and paving slabs and works a treat. Wear wellies gloves and at the very least eye protection!!!

Before you spill a drop of anything on your patio, I would recommend you pop into the forum on this site:- www.pavingexpert.com and ask the question detailing the type of stone or concrete product that your patio is made from. If you douse the wrong type of chemical you could totally ruin it.

I've used this forum over the years when I built mine and never realised how cleaning a patio can go so hideously wrong, they are a friendly bunch and will tell you exactly what you need to do and the correct product to use.

Hi

I was the victim of slab cleaning this winter. I and my builder had 173 to clean with a jet washer and they took 15 mins each !! They had mostly moss. The moss roots were black and impossible to get out. Acid brick cleaner helped but did not dissolve the black roots. I would persevere with the jet washer and just get the worst off. How big an area are we talking ?

Frank

Roughly 25'x27' and a loooong garden path, i suppose i'll just bite the bullet and get on with it.
better to be safe than sorry i suppose,don't fancy kids playing around bare feet after i've washed with a lot chemicals and some how there is even hint of it left on.
Ah well better get on with it i've only got a week left.
Thanks for all the input.
Ram.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Traffic film remover is good for what you want it for. The same stuff as used for washing cars. It is bio degradable and kills weeds too!!

Paul

Back