Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Peak District Where to Wild Camp

Charlie

Country Flag
indonesia
I want to get away for a weekend later this month, not far maybe the Peak District.
Can anybody offer advice on wild camping spots?

Most of the open countryside in the Peak District comes under the management/control of the Peak District National Park under the various access agreements with the actual landowners.

As such wild camping will be prohibited. If you want to really wild camp in the Peak District, best to walk into the countryside, preferably not at weekends and be ready to break camp by say 10am

Brendan

We just rough camp anywhere tbh. All we do is make sure when we leave it's exactly as it was when we got there. If anything was ever said I'm sure you would just get moved on. Obviously if a mess is left everywhere they may come down hard on you. Myself and gav camped at the bottom of stanage last time we went.

Karl

Aye, that was a nice boggy little spot we picked there KW :lol: Worked well though & the old christmas tree branches went up well eh :cool:

Could be tricky finding a quiet spot away from the walkers in the height of 'summer' as we are but let us know how you go on :cool:

Thanks for the replies guys, looks like it will just be a case of seeing where I end up.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Defo the best way :thumbup:

There's loads of places.

Defo a nice spot Gav and the tree was great after my eye brows grew back :D

Back