Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pete Bell's Big Shiny 90

Shayne

Guru
I understand Pete is a rare visitor here so I am hoping somebody has a pic of his big shiny 90 AFTER he added the body lift but BEFORE he fitted 35's on 16x10 rims .

The reason being I chanced upon a 40mm body lift kit for my 90 , but having not long upgraded to 33's on 16x8 wheels I fear lifting the truck again will have me starting all over again trying to fill the arches . A pic would help me decide yay or nay .

Here's Pete's big shiny 90 with 35's on -
BigShiney90_zpsaf658995.jpg

Im sure this is what your looking for
021020111196.jpg
021020111195.jpg
these are kumo kl71 305/70/16 33inch on 16x10 steel rims:think:

where it all started on 265/70/16 cooper stt
060.jpg
and after a good day in the mud
0302.jpg
0292.jpg

Cheers Pete thanks for that , unfortunately i'm now more confused than ever as I understood you had a suspension lift and a body lift yet your truck on 305/70/16x10 looks (in pics anyway) remarkably similar to mine with just a 2" coil spacer lift and 285/75/16x8 . I will post both our trucks together and ask opinions on how my truck would look with a 40mm body lift added .
IHUG048_zpsbc3dc02d.jpg
PETESTRUCK_zpsfd389d66.jpg

I think your truck looks spot on Shayne ,if you don't have any rubbing on the front then I would say don't fit the body lift kit unless you want more clearance and a taller truck -don't do it just to fit 35inch tyres cos I don't think you will keep them on the biggest problem is stopping the truck -the 35s kill your braking efficiency big time -what polish do you use cos wow its shiney:icon-cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
To be honest Pete what I would really like to end up with as time goes on is a wider truck , I think the 16x8 gives a wide enough tyre coz too much contact with tarmac means you may as well be driving on ice if the roads wet . What i'm trying to figure is how maybe a +25 offset wheel would do to clearance but at the same time I hate trucks that look like they are on stilts and top heavy .

Truck got key'd all down one side but it wasn't deep so I took it down the bodyshop and paid 30 quid to give the whole thing a polish with an electric buffer a couple of months ago . Other than that it just goes through the carwash on the cheapest option coz it doesn't use wax which is nothing but dust glue . Seagulls and the fact its nigh on impossible to see through the back window at night when its dirty ensure I have to wash once a month .

In the comparison shot, Petes' 90 has a more even looking gap around the tyres, particularily at the rear of the front tyre, and front of the rear tyre.

I think you need a reason to go 35s rather than just looks, because it does have an impact as Pete mentions.

Both look good though.

I'm gonna guess that's a 2"inch suspension lift plus a 2"body lift and approx. 33" tyres on 16x10 wheels ?

In the comparison shot, Petes' 90 has a more even looking gap around the tyres, particularily at the rear of the front tyre, and front of the rear tyre
That's my photography mate and the fact I didn't park straight , spacing looks pretty even in reality .

I like it Pete and i'm guessing 33's on a 10 wide wheels would lose a fair bit of diameter so I shouldn't feel pressed into finding new wheels and tyres in a hurry as 33's on 16x8 would still fill the arches in reasonable proportion .

I will be looking for wheel spacers once the body lift is fitted if anyone has an old set .

Got a tip someone local to me had a set but i'm unlikely to find out if there still available before Monday .

Back