Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Petition -remove asbestos from schools.

As for the ad Rich, I’ll take one of those and tell ‘em they can keep the tracksuit... :lol:

AFAIK, the site sells advertising space to maintain a management income or to pay for the hosting, so why is anone surprised to see adverts? Google advertising monitors the site to target advertising, so that’s why the adverts change to suit the current hot topics. There’s no spying or snooping, it’s a public website free for all to read, enjoy and use the info on here as they see fit, including the advertisers.

This is how I perceive it anyway, even if I’m a bit wrong on the details.

As members, we have the option to block adverts from our screens for a small donation, and that why I don’t see them.

I used to be self employed and did building valuations and surveys. One woman tried to sue me for not warning her that the garage roof of the house she was buying was concrete asbestos. This was in 1980 something. By then it had been decided that this type was not dangerous unless clouds of dust was created and in which case you should be wearing a mask anyway. Risky job and in the end nobody would insure one man band surveyors so I retired early.

why is anone surprised to see adverts? Google advertising monitors the site to target advertising, so that’s why the adverts change to suit the current hot topics. There’s no spying or snooping, it’s a public website free for all to read, enjoy and use the info on here as they see fit, including the advertisers.

As members, we have the option to block adverts from our screens for a small donation, and that why I don’t see them.
I am not surprised by seeing the adverts Clive, I used to pay the fee to block them, but I don't bother now, what I object to is not the adverts appearing but the fact that my posts are being watched, I consider that is spying, other people seeing what I consider is private.
The fact that google and others decide what I want annoys me, I think I know what I want better than them. I see it as a form of manipulation.
OK Rant over.

Back in the mid to late sixty's i was working on new build sites chippying, when we had done the roof the facia & soffit was next, we used to lay half a dozen sheets of 8x4 asbestolux as it was called then on a couple of stools & rip them down to width six at a time with a skill saw, couldn't see for dust & no mask, Still here luckily but often think something could kick off because of that.

It does seem as though exposure doesn’t have to be vast. I had a patient reckoned his was as a result of cutting up his garage roof. If he was a bit like f a diyer though he may have had other exposures he wasn’t aware off.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am not surprised by seeing the adverts Clive, I used to pay the fee to block them, but I don't bother now, what I object to is not the adverts appearing but the fact that my posts are being watched, I consider that is spying, other people seeing what I consider is private.
The fact that google and others decide what I want annoys me, I think I know what I want better than them. I see it as a form of manipulation.
OK Rant over.

I understand what you mean Chas, but this is a public forum, so nothing posted is private. Conversations are more private, but even those will be visible to the moderators, I’d imagine. (Purely guessing on the last bit).

I understand what you mean Chas, but this is a public forum, so nothing posted is private. Conversations are more private, but even those will be visible to the moderators, I’d imagine. (Purely guessing on the last bit).
I realise this is a public forum but I would prefer it to be public just to members not outside organisations

Back