Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Petrol or Diesel???

Will have a look, think the first one is a fresh import so that might be why the price is higher?

I did a copy and paste for the second one, But it wont open for some reason.... 'Dunno'

I've had my petrol just over 7 years now, bought it completely standard with 71k miles. It's a 97 R reg and cost £4400! Not a rough old banger either, not quite standard anymore. Simple answer to the mpg when I'm asked, it'll do upto 21mpg.
Anything below that is just what it is. I can easily get single figures and tunnels are for 2nd gear haha. Noise wise in stock form they're not noisy from what I remember (mine is a bit loud)

As already said have an idea of what you want and buy the first good one. They're not new vehicles anymore, the young ones are in the 20's.

Now personally I would not have a diesel as like the petrol and the performance it gives. Driven both when I was looking for mine. At the time I gave up looking for a diesel as wasn't willing to pay twice as much if not more for a not nice high miler.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'll get a video clip tomorrow when drive to work, wont be able to get while driving but a few revs.
(Can we post Vids directly here now anyone?)

I imagine like David it sounds nothing like a normal petrol 80 haha.

If I get a petrol one I will make the most of the noise potential lol have a Diesel BMW 335d at the moment and I do miss the sound of a petrol car especially my old Subaru forester STI

335d sounds good (ive had a F30 before) looking at going petrol with our next car, probably a 330i as the wife won't let me have 340!

My 80 has full stainless including down pipes, 200 cell free flow cat converters, 1 silencer which I think has very little sound deadening in plus a piper cross air filter.

I'm selling the BMW so can get the 80 as we both miss having a truck and want a more practical motor for camping , biking, fishing and shooting with our dog as company will have to use the wife's car for running round town she has a mini cooper s.

I chose petrol for simplicity and ease of DIY service for me - just that's my personal skill level really and I wanted to rely on mechanics as little as possible purely for cost reasons. Mine is just a camping/camper trailer tow vehicle, plus the odd trip to work or DIY store so it doesn't get a huge amount of use and the extra fuel cost is minimal. We have a car we use as a daily driver.

I did test drive a 4500 80 series when I was looking for 4WDs and I must say it was a great motor to drive, even just around town the power was good, and was smooth as. Would have been my choice really. One I test drove had 320,000km on the clock.

If you choose for a petrol, I would recommend at least a 95/OBD2 truck, then you can slap a turbo on with stock engine management. I have a 94 petrol OBD1, just had the HG done as I think that is the only weakness in the 1FZ-FE engine and that’s at about 200k miles. Been through a few rivers and not had an issues with the electrics.

Our favourite is a Petrol 4500 96 with 106,000 miles on it. Only problem is it's a 5 hour drive just to have a look and not sure we should travel with the way things are with the virus at the mo

Our favourite is a Petrol 4500 96 with 106,000 miles on it. Only problem is it's a 5 hour drive just to have a look and not sure we should travel with the way things are with the virus at the mo

Just out of interest in which location is the one you're interested in?

It's near Blackpool about 188 miles from our home in sunny Suffolk

If things were normal would be a good weekend away with the wife

Back