Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Photo request - rear bumper

wangjjang

Does anyone have a photo of whats behind the rear bumper? I know a lot of you have replaced the stock bumpers and im just wondering whats involved. Is there much cutting involved or is it a pretty simple replacement?

I'm running without a rear bumper at the moment, but it's dark :think:

if I remember, I'll take a pic in the morning.

you could visit Caron De Kock's Snow White thread, she's recently taken off the rear bumper and she had plenty of pics.

I'm running without a rear bumper at the moment, but it's dark :think:

if I remember, I'll take a pic in the morning.

you could visit Caron De Kock's Snow White thread, she's recently taken off the rear bumper and she had plenty of pics.

Id appreciate a pic if you can get one.
I check Caron's thread and its very interesting..and motivating haha. I need to get my bum in gear and do some work on mine.

This pic from her thread, is that cross beam bolted in place? Or is it a solid piece of metal? I have a feeling im going to have to cut some stuff.

p1504180266-5.jpg

The cross beam is welded to the ends of the ladder.

most aftermarket rear bumpers lay flat against that beam, some utilize the 4 tow hitch holes.

my ARB rear is being refurbished at the mo, and someone else is going to refit it, I'm told its a PITA to fit :?:lol:

I took these this morning....

IMG_1228.jpg

There's a slide clip thingy on the top, but it's so long since I saw the original bumper that I don't remember how it fits or is removed.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

The round bar piece running from side to side is the spare wheel retainer, which I haven't used either for 7 years!

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Id appreciate a pic if you can get one.
I check Caron's thread and its very interesting..and motivating haha. I need to get my bum in gear and do some work on mine.

This pic from her thread, is that cross beam bolted in place? Or is it a solid piece of metal? I have a feeling im going to have to cut some stuff.

View attachment 6582

@clivehorridge = thanks for remembering and recommending my thread :clap:.
@wangjjang - Glad the photos are of some help.

@clivehorridge = thanks for remembering and recommending my thread :clap:.
@wangjjang - Glad the photos are of some help.

Now Caron, how could I forget the beautiful Snow White? Fairest of them all (oh no, wrong story, never mind!):whistle:

Back