Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Picked this up today.

silvercruiser

Hello All
I had looked at many 4x4's since selling my 120.
And today I picked this up.

8DE46805-7392-4F4C-B6E6-720C4E4C02CC.jpeg D71B9DCC-AB2E-4DD7-965D-D3138C9E643A.jpeg 2A34638C-40DF-4924-8ED6-C88F3535E4C7.jpeg

I had a nice drive home from Norfolk. its got the upgraded air supension, so can still pretend to be an offroader by jacking it up:lol:
I did like the 120 but i didnt use it for what its designed for, in the two years i had it i never used it off road.
So for me this will do. if i want to take off to France and go skiing etc.(with winter tyres of course)

I did the fill up and and then brimmed again once home and i got 34mpg out of it and considering i kept trying out the loud pedal and sport mode i was pretty happy.

Nice. Someone local to me who does borehole drilling has got one and he's very pleased with it.

It does drive Nice. the only thing that bothers me is the amount of electrical kit that has the potential to fail but all the newer cars are going this way, so cant really avoid it if you want something newer. ive already ordered a VCDS kit(equivalent to Toyota Techstream) so i can sort any problems out myself(fingers crossed)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It does drive Nice. the only thing that bothers me is the amount of electrical kit that has the potential to fail but all the newer cars are going this way, so cant really avoid it if you want something newer. ive already ordered a VCDS kit(equivalent to Toyota Techstream) so i can sort any problems out myself(fingers crossed)

That's what put's me off even though VW have a pretty good reputation for reliability. They do (or used to do) a V10 diesel version which makes any LC feel decidedly anaemic in the grunt dept. I had a drive of one and really fancied trying one as they can be had for reasonable money but repair bills can be huge. I think I've said this before in other posts but my next LC will be a V8 100 series. That's about as 'modern' as I'd want to go. JMO

Nice looking toe-rag.. well may you wear. I did consider a first gen v6 tdi for a while, then I bought the Toyota. That's a nice colour too.

That's what put's me off even though VW have a pretty good reputation for reliability. They do (or used to do) a V10 diesel version which makes any LC feel decidedly anaemic in the grunt dept. I had a drive of one and really fancied trying one as they can be had for reasonable money but repair bills can be huge. I think I've said this before in other posts but my next LC will be a V8 100 series. That's about as 'modern' as I'd want to go. JMO

Yes the V10 has got some grunt, i nearly bought my uncles R50 version over two years ago. this did develop a fault and VW wanted 8k to fix it. so i had a lucky escape. i did a fair bit of reading up before the purchase. this is the last of the T3 model before it went to Ad blue and the diesel gate scandal. so most problems should of been ironed out.

Nice looking toe-rag.. well may you wear. I did consider a first gen v6 tdi for a while, then I bought the Toyota. That's a nice colour too.
Ive always been a fan of the Dark Grey, i was looking for a grey 120 before the blue one came up.

Hope it's a good one for you SC. I quite like those but I've heard so many people say some are very expensive to maintain.

V10 for me if money was no object. Loved this.

The Touareg was on the shortlist before we bought the LC. Heard lots of good things about them, quite fancied the V10 but someone who had one mentioned the comedy mpg they do (less than 10) The thing thats putting me off modern 4x4s and cars in general is that they are too nice to use. Our LC is 12 years old but as its pretty tidy i'm too precious to use it going back and forth to the horse through the mud. God only knows what i'd be like with a modern 4x4.

Back