Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pix of me truk

CARROT CRUNCHER

Country Flag
uk
Hi All, I post once in a blue moon, last time must have been about 9 months ago when I had some questions about my auto box and selector solenoids, I got some very handy answers.At the time I mentioned that I would post some pix of my 96 petrol/LPG 80, well I have finally pulled my finger out and as I was giving it a good wash and wax after having left it in the rain to wash off the gritty bits, I stood back and admired it as you would a finely put together member of the opposite sex (or same sex if you are so inclined) and thought what a fine time to take a few pictures.

Truk will be 18 years old on the 20th and has done just short of 182k miles, I bought it from a really shady looking dealer who was near Lakeside/Thurrock in Essex, you know the sort of bloke, you shake his hand and then count your fingers :eusa-naughty: That was late 2005, Truk had just under 97k miles on the clock and to me it looked about right (used to work for sole Toyota importer in an African country years ago), the multipoint sequential LPG was installed through them at the time and Truk and the LPG have been brilliant, only let me down once when the starter motor ran on and on and on etc after keying off and that was on my drive so my breakdown cover took it in and it was fixed.

As you would expect spent money on stuff that simply wears out, luckily being an 80 most stuff takes a few decades to wear out, apart that is for the poxy window rubbers but that's another story.

I put a Kenwood multimedia set up in a few years ago, ipod is in the glovebox and phone bluetooths to it. I am about to get new maps (about £140-£150 methinks) I had tailgate and rest of rear repainted a couple of years ago to tidy it up and then on the one day in the year I went to London it looks as though a delivery van or something has scuffed rear nearside corner, a rub down and blow over, for Truk as well I think.

As sections of exhaust were about to give up the ghost I had a straight through 3 box stainless system fitted, straight off the downpipe and removing the twin CATS (as LPG this is possible), Truk now sounds like that finely put together member of the opposite sex, the straight six has a base purr at idle and then builds throatily but subtly as you put your foot down, it doesn't bark and sounds great in a tunnel or similar.

That's my lot, you probably won't hear diddly squat from me for a while however I enjoy the site and the knowledge and skills of many of the people on here, I admit to having the mechanical skills of a muppet and so always use professionals, and one or two wallies along the way.

All the Best folks, I hope you enjoy the pictures of my "truk" assuming I haven't bolloxed up the uploadiing.

PS: I think the number plate finishes it off nicely, but I'm from Suffolk so who knows.

Attachments

• DSCF5645.JPG
    DSCF5645.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 195
  • DSCF5644.JPG
    DSCF5644.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 211
  • DSCF5643.JPG
    DSCF5643.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 201
  • DSCF5632.JPG
    DSCF5632.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 224
  • DSCF5634.JPG
    DSCF5634.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 217
  • DSCF5635.JPG
    DSCF5635.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 223
  • DSCF5636.JPG
    DSCF5636.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 205
  • DSCF5639.JPG
    DSCF5639.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 215
  • DSCF5637.JPG
    DSCF5637.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 224
  • DSCF5641.JPG
    DSCF5641.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 222
  • DSCF5642.JPG
    DSCF5642.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 218
  • DSCF5640.JPG
    DSCF5640.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 200
Think you need to resize your piccies then we could all see them better,

The size is OK on my PC.

That's a nice 80 you have there.....:thumbup:

Interested in you comment about removing the CATs because you run on LPG. Something that I might investigate since my (90 series) exhaust's CAT section has seen better days.

Nice mate - kinda what mine would look like without the dents and rust LOL!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks good, makes me want to have one again....

That's a nice 80 you have there.....:thumbup:

Interested in you comment about removing the CATs because you run on LPG. Something that I might investigate since my (90 series) exhaust's CAT section has seen better days.

If you run lpg and present for test running lpg the emissions are the same as a car without cats. 3.5%

It also gets round having to physically have a cat fitted too. It's written a cat must be fitted if vehicle requires a cat test, lpg doesn't.

If you run lpg and present for test running lpg the emissions are the same as a car without cats. 3.5%

It also gets round having to physically have a cat fitted too. It's written a cat must be fitted if vehicle requires a cat test, lpg doesn't.

Thanks for the clarification Gary - that's good news! :thumbup:

How come I'm the only one that can't see the piccies properly, there enormous on my screen

Hey Joinerman, you were one of those that came up with info on my autobox question before, alas I can't help on the picture size. Never mind you can never have too much of a good thing, lol.

Sooooo clean! Great registration as well, not allowed to express ourselves here in Spain so no special plates allowed here except Franco's Guardia Civil. No mods without permission, not allowed to fit or remove the tow bar without special papers noting it has been done, still trying to get my rearmost seats legally removed........someone remind me why I chose to live here!!

regards

Dave

PS, pics show ok on my Toughbook.

My truck still has the PO's number which was his initials B77 DJT. When you register here they ask you what your preference would be. If they have it, it's yours.

Nice leather seats, is it possible to get good condition leather seats in uk?

Oh that's what the little storage slot is for. Tic Tacs! It didn't say in the handbook. Can you put orange Tic Tacs in there or maybe the cherry ones?

Oh that's what the little storage slot is for. Tic Tacs! It didn't say in the handbook. Can you put orange Tic Tacs in there or maybe the cherry ones?

:clap::clap: I prefer the mint ones, but if you have a problem losing your cherry (Tic Tacs) then I'm sure it would be just the right size slot for you :whistle:

Back