Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Power Steering Hoses

Brett H

Morning Folks

Has anybody on here tackled the problem of replacing the high pressure power steering hoses that run from the power steering pump, under the radiator and connect to the steering box on an 80 series (1995, 24Valve HDJ80)?

My hoses have been weeping between the flexible connections that link the hard lines to the steering box. It hasn’t caused me any problems to date and I’m not losing any significant amount of fluid but we’re about to head off to Africa so I’m trying to iron out any obvious potential problems now.

I’ve been advised that the best option is buy the complete set of replacement parts from Toyota as custom made hoses are more trouble than they’re worth. I’m probably going to have to bite the bullet and buy genuine parts, but now I’m now wondering if it is a simple job to replace them myself (it appears so to me) or if there are some hidden nasties that I’ll discover half way through the job.

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers

Brett

I have replaced these but I got used hoses from Stef. They were decent condition but as there are at least 3 differnt types and I got the wrond ones... I took my old ones and the ones I bought to a hydraulic hose place and they took the connector of my old hose and put it on the new one fro about 30 quid. If you buy from Toyota or Mr Rubie they are very expensive.

Also you will need to lift the rad up to replace them :thumbup:

Back