Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Prado 95 in Tanzania

Murraytoz

Country Flag
tanzania
Hey guys. Just purchased a Prado 95 3.0 in Tanzo and travelling over from UK in mid August. Thinking of purchasing spare parts here and shipping them with me. What would the experts recommend. Family of 5 hoping to get some safariing done!

Hi Murray welcome to the forum , we don't get half the choice here in the UK compared to whats available in Australia and i would have thought buying from there would be cheaper and easier for you ?

It was my first thought Mick so i checked and ended up thinking surely there's direct shipping between Australia and Tanzania given theres nothing but water between them ?

Are you thinking Tasmania @Shayne? :think:
Sorry Shane, we'll be in Tanzania, West Africa. Any sort of post is highly unreliable hwnc wthinking of taking an assortment of spares. Was after advice re which spares to take for that particular model..

It was my first thought Mick so i checked and ended up thinking surely there's direct shipping between Australia and Tanzania given theres nothing but water between them ?
Post/shipping is notoriously dodgy hence idea of taking spares with me

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Upper & lower front suspension ball joints would be top of my list - i would change them immediately as a matter of course.They are prone to sudden failure.Apart from the usual service items a set of drive belts & maybe a cambelt & tensioner if you dont know the the history of the vehicle.

Ah i see so you want to prepare for the typical failures . Assuming its a 1KZ-TE -

A new radiator and thermostat would be at the top of my list given the age of your truck .
Lower ball joints are known to fail without warning eventually .
All drive train bushes are probably due renewal .
Steering racks tend to leak eventually and i believe you can get a rebuild kit ?
The metal pipework coming off the fuel tank rusting away has resulted in many a problem , its bolt on and can be bought new .
Rear bumper lights rot and cause electrical havoc .

That's all i can think of with regards to common issues , not bad for a 20+ year old truck .

And we could add all the suspension bushes to the list ? Anti roll bars will eventually work harden & fail if your use involves lots of axel articulation.Getting them heat treated - annealed / normalised might be a good idea ?

Back