Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Preparedness???????

If i was going so far from civilisation breaking down would mean death i would take the oldest 6x6 truck i could get . Back in the 1950's precision parts meant an inch and a bit either way . No fancy electronics and no frills . You could actually carry every mechanical part in the back . I remember watching a 4x4 competion when i was a kid , they had Unimogs , army vehicles and all sorts , the fire brigade actually took part using a 6 wheel RangeRover . The drummer from Status Quo happened to be there in something like this and spent all day rescuing each and every other vehicle in turn . The entire course may as well have been as flat as a football pitch to him .
vintage_6x6_military_surplus_truck_postcard-r1bc0aaa57d0b4011b9935f27e494fc1a_vgbaq_8byvr_325.jpg

Last edited:
After extensive research...
It looks like the Otokar Cobra is the proper upgrade..
http://www.otokar.com
View attachment 5316

Although Hyundai have an alternative with a 100k 0r 7 year warranty

View attachment 5317

Drove some of these (Otokar Cobra), they're not badly made.

The interesting thing is that they have a V-hull, which is what you want to have when a mine goes Booom right under you - and that the platform (drivetrain, chassis, suspensions) is none else than the Hummvee... Which is what you DON'T want to be in when a mine, blah-blah-blah!

The zombies have grasped ied's and landmines?

Can they do doorhandles, as I'm thinking of just staying in the house, maybe watch a bit of jeremy kyle, which I spose is how zombies are made.......

Pete

I'll make a solemn promise to you all now and that is that if I win big on the Lotto, I WILL be having one of those. I have always wanted a bunker. Mine would be bigger with somewhere to park the Apocolypticruser.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Might have to re do the garden again :lol:

My mate still has the mog (pic posted earlier in the thread) it's his daily drive lol, uses for school run too!!!

Last edited:
Back