Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pro-Speed exhaust

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Cossack said:
Well I'm off to beddy byes now for an early start for Cardiff in the morning, I just hope I don't get the troubles you have had Jon :( , Nite nite.
Chas
Just got back from ProSpeed with the new 3" SS exhaust and first impressions are, compared to the previous 2.5", quieter but deeper note :D, slight drone on the motorway but not obtrusive, so far I'm quite pleased with it and Charlies service and attention to detail was very good they went far to get things how I wanted, had to accept a rear exit pipe though as there wasn't room for a side exit :(
Chas

Re: Pacemaker headers / Pro-Speed exhaust

Did Charlie manage to route the pipe over the rear axle, without flattening the pipe out?
I’d be interested in photos and final costs.

Bigchaser said:
Did Charlie manage to route the pipe over the rear axle, without flattening the pipe out?
He did, at least I didn't notice any flattening, and I forgot to take my camera for pics while it was up on the ramp, my mobile camera has no flash and it was too dark underneath for pics, but for the interests of the forum I guess I'll have to strain my back ;) and get underneath later. The final cost was £480, the original quote of £412 was for a side exit, but putting it at the rear was more pipework and time/labour (for getting over the axle) :D

Cossack said:
Bigchaser said:
He did, at least I didn't notice any flattening, and I forgot to take my camera for pics while it was up on the ramp, my mobile camera has no flash and it was too dark underneath for pics, but for the interests of the forum I guess I'll have to strain my back ;) and get underneath later. The final cost was £480, the original quote of £412 was for a side exit, but putting it at the rear was more pipework and time/labour (for getting over the axle) :D
I forgot to add the 0-60 has improved by 2 seconds!! :)

Bigchaser said:
Pics as requested, but I'm no David Bailey :lol:

From above the engine

1.jpg

Tailpipe, I realised later I could have got them to side exit behind rear wheel

8.jpg

Over rear axle

3.jpg

Past gear/transfer box

4.jpg

chas how many silencers did you use and how big? oh and where?

sorry about the hijack jon, maybe you could try and separate the thread?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rob said:
chas how many silencers did you use and how big? oh and where?

sorry about the hijack jon, maybe you could try and separate the thread?
One big box 18" x 10" just forward of rear wheel, sorry, I missed one pic off :oops:

7.jpg

Chas

Chas,
Thanks for the photo's. I'm booked in the week after next too.

So Chas
Whose charlie? can I have his contaxct details please.
Ta muchly
Renate

When you say that there wasnt room for a side exit.............why? is it because of the big silencer box?
Andy

Andy said:
When you say that there wasnt room for a side exit.............why? is it because of the big silencer box?
Andy
No, it was Jon Wildsmiths rocksliders in the way, a right angle from the back of the box would have directed the pipe the right way, Charlie did suggest coming out below the slider but that would have left it too vunerable :(
Chas

Hi Rob
Thanks for this!
Is he the only guy who does SS exhausts? or are there any other recommendations from those LC-ers who know there stuff.... since I don't :(
Cheers
Renate

Thanks Chas,

Ive been thinking about one of thier systems for a while now & I think yours has convinced me its worth the long drive (for me)down to Cardiff!

Not sure if I could do it before lincombe, so may get chance have a good look at yours there (if your'e going).

I just wonder if the noise from a side exit when motorway driving would become annoying though, any comments anyone...............!
Andy

Andy said:
Thanks Chas,
Ive been thinking about one of thier systems for a while now & I think yours has convinced me its worth the long drive (for me)down to Cardiff!
Not sure if I could do it before lincombe, so may get chance have a good look at yours there (if your'e going).
I just wonder if the noise from a side exit when motorway driving would become annoying though, any comments anyone...............!Andy
I'll be at Lincomb, just got to get the microwave rigged first :lol: , I've just been on the phone to Charlie at Prospeed and he is going to alter the tailpipe to side exit behind the wheel at no extra charge :D
I wouldn't think a side exit that far back would be much, if any, noisier than a normal rear exit, just turn the radio up :lol:
Chas

Hi y'all
Pro-speed exhausts quoted me £490 inc Vat, just wondering why chas got his a deal more cheaper....
Cheers
Renate

did you mention the forum to get a discount? maybe you specified a like for like system which will be quiet but more expensive due to more boxes?

HauptRenate said:
Hi y'all
Pro-speed exhausts quoted me £490 inc Vat, just wondering why chas got his a deal more cheaper....
Cheers
Renate
Did you specify any extra changes from standard? my original quote was for a more or less standard system, but I asked for changes (my old brain has forgotten now what they were :( ) and the final price was £480, the system has one big box only and the whole system is fitted above chassis level, won't get trashed at Lincomb :twisted: and seems to be as quiet as my previous one :cool: but I am having the tailpipe moved to a less vulnerable position on Wednesday at no extra charge :D . Charlie does seem to do all he can to satisfy the customer and his standard of work is very good.
To answer Robs query, I did mention the forum and he reduced the original price from £450 tp £412, that was before my changes.
Chas

Rob said:
BTW Chas, thats one huge bow wave :twisted:
Cossack's signature said:
and I wasn't driving fast! I think it may have been because the channel I had just driven through was a bit narrow and the water just built up in front of me and washed to the side as it widened.

Back