Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Pro Speed Exhausts

Dave Docwra

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
1,591
Pro Speed Exhausts, City Road,Cardiff.

Fast,efficent & great value for money for hand made stainless steel exhaust's.
 

Rob

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
3,019
Garage
And most importantly how loud is it?
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,358
Garage
Country Flag
england
Rob said:
And most importantly how loud is it?
Very important, I'm having one fitted on Thursday. :p
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,358
Garage
Country Flag
england
Gilbert v H said:
This thread is worthless without pictures !!! :D
Not so, if it gives answers to the questions asked ie; price and loudness, so answers please? I did phone Charlie of ProSpeed this afternoon asking about loudness and he said, more or less, you can have it as loud as you want, I was asking because of a mention in another thread about sound levels being checked in future MOT's.
 
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gilbert v H

Active Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2010
Messages
88
Cossack said:
Gilbert v H said:
This thread is worthless without pictures !!! :D
Not so, if it gives answers to the questions asked ie; price and loudness, so answers please? I did phone Charlie of ProSpeed this afternoon asking about loudness and he said, more or less, you can have it as loud as you want, I was asking because of a mention in another thread about sound levels being checked in future MOT's.

A soundfile would be even better! (facts and figures are of course also important, just like to see nice pieces of kit)
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,358
Garage
Country Flag
england
Gilbert v H said:
A soundfile would be even better! (facts and figures are of course also important, just like to see nice pieces of kit)
When mine is fitted I'll try to get some pictures while they are doing it. There is a page on ProSpeeds site for sounds, trouble is it's not yet working :cry:
Chas
 

Rob

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
3,019
Garage
the trouble with recording sound is that you need a control recording, ideally before the modification is carried out. Chas if you record a before and after under the same engine load and mic position then that would be great. We are quite demanding in this thread :mrgreen:
 

Chas

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
17,358
Garage
Country Flag
england
Rob said:
the trouble with recording sound is that you need a control recording, ideally before the modification is carried out. Chas if you record a before and after under the same engine load and mic position then that would be great. We are quite demanding in this thread :mrgreen:
I've got no recording equipment, but I'll listen carefully and compare on the long drive back from Cardiff with the Mark 1 earole :lol: .
Chas
 

Rob

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
3,019
Garage
most phones can record sound. Quality is not an issue it the change in volume is what we would like to know. (this is so OT)
 

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
6,749
Garage
Country Flag
england
I don't do many miles and hadn't done very many since I revisited Pro Speed on 6th April. This last week I've done quite a lot of miles and my exhaust is getting louder and louder. Worst of all it booms/drones again now so whatever 'internal baffles' Charlie put in to fix this were obviously not up to the job as they only lasted a couple of hundred miles. I spent over £1k thinking I would get quality and having been reassured it wouldn't be loud :evil: Now I will have to have it stripped off and replaced and have to write off the £1k :x
 

Rob

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
3,019
Garage
Jon i assume you have contacted them about this, what was charlies response? Dont they have a lifetime warranty?
 

Dave Docwra

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
1,591
LC 80 series 4.2td, I went for the 2.5" pipe as I wanted max ground clearance & not for the exhaust to exit from the side, it is as quiet as the origianal exhaust that was fitted, Charlie also fitted a ss plate to the bottom of the silencer to protect it from sharp stones flicking up & causing damage, £475 fitted.
 

Dave Docwra

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
1,591
Gilbert vh, Really no point in posting pictures, the exhaust is handbuilt to whatever spec & direction you want, The one thing I noticed on the way back from Cardiff was that the vehicle felt more responsive but this may be me Imagining things.
 

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
6,749
Garage
Country Flag
england
Rob said:
Jon i assume you have contacted them about this, what was charlies response? Dont they have a lifetime warranty?

The solution he offered was to run the pipe across the back of the car with another silencer behind the cross member and exit on the passenger side instead of the drivers :shock: Obviously the V8 is more complicated to make an exhaust for till the pipes join up and I had sports cats which is why it cost so much more than the quotes you guys are getting.

You probably won't notice much volume difference on the TD motors but if it is louder than you wanted I don't think he knows how to fix it sensibly. If you like the volume then you're ok.
 
Top