Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Project mush 80

Took her out for what she's made for, a day of laning and was prepared for lunch. Slight issue of the day was that the anti roll bar snapped off but it wasn't the end of the world, a few m8 bolts later it was off. Everyone enjoyed it (apart from my better half when I made her take videos going through a puddle! To be fair though I put fuel in)

20180107_102409.jpg 20180107_103852.jpg 20180107_110914.jpg

Took her out for what she's made for, a day of laning and was prepared for lunch. Slight issue of the day was that the anti roll bar snapped off but it wasn't the end of the world, a few m8 bolts later it was off. Everyone enjoyed it (apart from my better half when I made her take videos going through a puddle! To be fair though I put fuel in)

View attachment 138986 View attachment 138987 View attachment 138988
Mine snapped off the other end at the axle and took out a break pipe

Looks a grand day out josh, weather was cracking today.
looks familiar, stanage or Langsett?
probably neither..:icon-biggrin:

Ah that would cause an issue! It's probably my fault they snapped off I haven't extended them with the lift

Looks a grand day out josh, weather was cracking today.
looks familiar, stanage or Langsett?
probably neither..:icon-biggrin:

Was lovely up until about 12 when all the ramblers come out with ski-ing poles........ according to the os map it was at the bottom of sheep wash? But it wasn't like I'd seen it on videos so who knows where I was!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I'll vouch for this, ask me how I know...

Did you ever get that axle bracket re-welded Nick?

Sorry for the thread-jack Josh, it won't last long I hope, and I must say what a handsome looking truck you have there...

I'll vouch for this, ask me how I know...

Did you ever get that axle bracket re-welded Nick?
Nope. It' s on the garage floor. Will find out how necessary it is at mot time!

I'm not entirely sure how long it was broken. There wasn't a clean bit where it had snapped off just rusted metal. It didn' show up on its weekly trip to sainsburys. But no. I haven't noticed a difference.

I'm not entirely sure how long it was broken. There wasn't a clean bit where it had snapped off just rusted metal. It didn' show up on its weekly trip to sainsburys. But no. I haven't noticed a difference.

I drove mine for a good 6 months wondering what the occasional grinding noise was...

It felt no different after repair, just quieter...

Some good stuff done today, new tough cover seat covers fitted-they'e About 5mn thick! Axe got mounted, light bar fitted and wired, reflective sheets fitted to all 3 back windows. Mothers Colorado was on ramp as brakes were poor, turned out the lining had fell off the pad!

IMG-20180113-WA0001.jpg IMG-20180113-WA0003.jpg

Weekly Wednesday update, basically Wednesday and Saturdays I go to garage and have a play. Wired up the work light to a nice carling switch on dash. Is there an easy way to get wires on to the roof ack without making it look a bit obvious? Ive gone down snorkel to Inside the wing then through the bulkhead

20180124_195744.jpg 20180124_195803.jpg

That power socket somehow reminds me of a Merc tractor unit! The 80 is looking great as well.

That power socket somehow reminds me of a Merc tractor unit! The 80 is looking great as well.
It most certainly is out of a Merc tractor unit, bit like where a lot of the other parts appear from...... haha

Little job finished this morning. After snapping the anti roll bar off the other week we needed to make new ones. So as it's lifted a couple of inch thought it would be better to make them a couple of inch longer too. A few cuts and holes drilled later job is a good un

20180204_090526.jpg 20180204_091643.jpg 20180204_095353.jpg

Nothing major gone off a lately, fitted an awning light this evening before the weeks camping trip next Tuesday, also bought a log burning stove after recent climates and feared the other half might find it a tad cold!

IMG-20180321-WA0006.jpeg

Bit of fabrication work carried out over last couple of days with the uncle. Making a rock slider, only got ns on at minute as need the exhaust making on os first. Made a mount on the chassis and the side bar slides in to this with a pinch bolt. It's solid, like totally solid not a mm of movement with a couple of us stood on it. Ordered some grip tape to stick on the top for them lovely damp British damp days so nobody slides off

20180526_145751.jpg 20180526_145807.jpg 20180526_171127.jpg 20180526_171141.jpg

Back