Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

projection headlight upgrade

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
has anyone got projection lights fitted to there prado 90 or 95 series as was gonna upgrade my lights but only ones i have found are on ebay for £269 for a black pair.
i asking because I found a clip on youtube and they say that they wont fit hd bulbs as bulb to long for projector glass.
this is just a curious question not important.

Most of the upgraded units are projector style, some people on this forum have.

That could be the case with HID bulbs, but remember with a projector lense, you don't necessarily need HID bulbs to get the good lighting benefit off the projector.

Most of the upgraded units are projector style, some people on this forum have.

That could be the case with HID bulbs, but remember with a projector lense, you don't necessarily need HID bulbs to get the good lighting benefit off the projector.
Thanks for the reply as just didnt wanna waste money on a clip from youtube.

Just saw a 95 in town this morning with twin projectors. When I saw them advertised somewhere I decided they would look way too "blingy" but seeing them they looked quite nice IMO. Come home searched for 95 series headlights and saw this thread.

Does anyone have these and can they give some feed back please?
Geoff
Edit - just seen the "Gutted" thread after posting the above. But just to be sure,
has anyone successfully modded their headlights or are we just stuck with upgraded lamps?

Last edited:
You will be fine with almost any Talaman the problems encountered all relate to us being in a right hand drive country and sellers falsely advertising that they can be used for RHD .

As you drive on the wrong side of the road the Angels will be fit and forget .

Hi Shayne!

Thanks for the reply , I do sometimes drive on the wrong side of the road, but only when I am running from the police at night !!:innocent::innocent:

We drive on the same side as you both here and in Gibraltar.

:auto-crash:
Geoff

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've LED bulbs fitted to my OEM headlights for around 3 years now and am very pleased with the results. As I may have said previously, on high beam they don't penetrate as well as some of the better halogen bulbs but on dip beam (which is 99% of my use) the difference is amazing. With proper projector lenses, I bet they will be fantastic...........

Suggest you have a read of Shaynes thread entitled "GUTTED" LINK

Back