Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Proving your ID

joinerman

Garage
I have to prove my ID, the only proof they will accept is Passport or photographic driving licence, i don't have a passport & only a paper licence.
Going online to try and obtain either results in having to have one or the other to apply for either if you follow my drift.

You can get a new passport, you will need someone to sign off on the authencity of your photos etc - its a faff, but certainly do-able.

I’m pretty sure your paper licence will have expired by now, I’m not sure they’re even still legal. Just get a photo card licence, it makes life a lot easier.

I’m not sure how people manage who don’t drive and don’t have a driving licence!

Easy if your infamous , many years ago they said "this needs to be signed by a gov employee of official capacity that can verify you are who you say you are"
and through the window i could see a gang of coppers obviously doing very little other than lending a show of force to some minor bust up .

gimme a minute i said , ran out the door and shouted "Oy i need one of you lazy f@££%£$^^ to sign this .

I do miss that old school sense of community :lol:

The old pre 1998 paper driving licences are still valid but can be changed FOC.
I still have mine and expected to get it “updated” when I sent it in to have points added last year but fortunately I got it back with the points and offence code just typed on.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The old pre 1998 paper driving licences are still valid but can be changed FOC.
I still have mine and expected to get it “updated” when I sent it in to have points added last year but fortunately I got it back with the points and offence code just typed on.
That surprises me because the photo card ones have quite a limited lifespan (my current one, only recently obtained, expires in 2025. I only found this out after presenting an expired one at work for id!!

Back