Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

pump

tilly1

well can anyone shed any light on the viscous auxiliary water heater pump , how does it switch on etc very little info on google , not sure what its there for and i dont think mine is workin :icon-question:

Interesting; I didn't know those were fitted to the 90-Series. I have one on my 2001 4.2 litre 100-Series 'VX' Auto. My 1998 Manual '95' with the 1KZ-TE motor doesn't have such a thing.

On my '100' there is a "Power Heater' button on the dash to the right of the steering wheel, that powers up a magnetic clutch in the pump hub and starts it churning (and therefore heating) the water feed to the cabin heater.

Naturally, there are ECUs involved and I believe it cuts out as soon as the motor starts to warm up.

Switching on the pump also causes the RPM to rise to around 1,100.

You will find some discussion on this in the '100-Series' forum.

Bob.

Bob, it will be on the D4D engine Colorado

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it attached to the idle up switch? I only ask as my idle up only seems to work when the engine is cold

Is it attached to the idle up switch? I only ask as my idle up only seems to work when the engine is cold

If it is like the '100-Series', you will have either the "Winter Pack" - with the Power Heater with the built-in 'Idle-up', or an "Idle-Up" switch. You won't have both.

In both cases I believe the 'idle-up' (and the Power Heater) cuts out as the engine warms up.

If anyone knows different - shout as I'm learning too :lol:.

Bob.

Theres a thread on here about the power heater on a 95, its under Whats This.? i think its a few months back loook on page 4 or 5 ?? its just like the aircon compressor but it pumps the coolant through pipework in a heat exchanger on the exhaust manifold directly to the interior heater so warms up quicker than the complete engine block.!! the Idle Up only increase RPM to warm up faster but no extra pumps or pipework.! If its an Auxillary heater thats a completely differnt system.! I have a Webasto fitted into my 95 series colorado and it heats the complete engine coolant system to 76.C anytime i set the time clock to.! it runs of diesel and has its own water pump and is just connected inline to the flow to the interior heater and the fan.! i think some of the amazons had it fitted as standard. mine is fitted by my self and is nice this time of year.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
cheers guys , checked mine out yes clutch engages when the warm up switch is on , thanks

if anyone requires one of these pumps please let me know as i now have a spare one

Back