Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Purely an observation

Lewis07

Whenever I drive the LC4 after a week or so of driving my Land Rover Defenders I always get this tiny little feeling of whether I wouldn't be better off having just a couple of Land Cruisers as the family fleet? They are nearly as capable off-road (don't flame me) are more comfortable (by miles) more reliable (by many more miles) and aren't that dissimilar in price to buy taking everything into account. Don't get me wrong, I love my LR's but every now and then I do ask myself the same question. Just wanted to share and happy with loads of abuse etc etc. :)

Go for it! I know the Lame Rovers engines are pretty, but there's more to life than staring at their engines all weekend! :)

Haha...sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Funnily enough there has been some engine staring recently which probably doesn't help the cause. To be fair on an engine that has seen some proper work. ;)

I use my 120 offroad and i can confirm they are just as capable as any defender. So dont be concerned about using them, i just think people still perceive them as expensive for offroading

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Unfair advantage - some of those LRs came from Bellville :lol:

I find the 120 front a little soft - it clangs down in dips and things - bigger lift with better spring rating being investigated. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with its capabilities!

Being an owner of both marques it causes a certain clash. My friend who is a recent convert to LR ownership is discovering the hard way that

Being an owner of both marques it causes a certain clash. My friend who is a recent convert to LR ownership is discovering the hard way that

owning a green badged vehicle does not provide the same reliability as some of our eastern alternatives. I am driving down to the south of France again next month. I'll be taking the LC4 but don't tell any LRO's! :icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

Back